What Satan does when he can't get you to sin

pam

There’s this thought about Satan that’s been rattling around in my head for a while now. It’s a fairly simple concept, but one that for whatever reason often remains in the shadows of our minds, much to the adversary’s advantage.

He picks on all of us, and none of us overcomes his temptations one hundred percent of the time. But every so often we catch Satan red-handed. We recognize the potential for sin and immediately sidestep. Those are great moments.

Yet, Satan and his cronies aren’t the kind that just hang their heads and walk away.

https://mormonhub.com/blog/faith/satan-sin/

I really liked this article. Most insightful! On the other hand, I think Satan sometimes drives us to exhaustion. I have a friend who is a single mom with a special needs kid and a career. She has 4 callings including Sunday school teacher, a long drive to work at the temple and she is going teaching with the missionaries this week. Hmmm.

• 1 month later...

Interesting concept. I like the idea of having to keep moving I think it's important.

There is a book entitled "Satan: Prince of This World" by William Guy Carr. The author was a WWII commander and spent decades researching an answer to the questions, "why can't human beings live in peace?" and "why does God let bad things happen?" The answers he discovered were shocking. He reveals historical links to Luciferianism throughout the world over the centuries. He describes in detail the religion of those on Earth who worship Lucifer and do his bidding - our society has been structured by these people, and they plan to enslave the human race.

I think the book should be required reading for all Christians, not just Mormons. You can find it online, I think the site was ThreeWorldWars.com, or you can buy it on Amazon. Or you can message me and I'll send you a copy via encrypted email. This book is only about 90 pages long and can be read by anyone in a short amount of time.

If you're more studious, a book called "The Genisis Six Conspiracy: How Secret Societies and the Descendants of Giants Plant to Enslave Humankind" by Gary Wayne is another enlightening read on the subject. It's about how some of the angels that fell from heaven mated with the daughters of Cain and created an abominable race of giants.

Just had to mention this because I saw this thread right away and felt I had to. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like how the article states that if Satan can't turn us into a sinner he turns us into a sitter. I love the analogies in this article, when it refers to the Book of Mormon tactics of surrounding a city. I was pondering that and i really think Depression is like surrounding the city for an individual, your resources feel cut off. I know people suffering from depression and they feel it cuts them off from those around them and God, I guess it shows how important it is to reach out to them. I also liked the mention it gives to movement I know I can be stagnant in life and I guess just doing things keeps you alive and helps draw you closer to God.