Going through an incredibly difficult trial.

TheLizardofOZ

I think that when courting a woman, some of the best advice you will get will be from another woman. Even more so if that woman is your mother. On a negative note, I would have sent her a text asking if I could call her on Valentine's Day, not telling her, but its too late now. When you tell her, you don't get any idea about how she feels about it.

14 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

I think that when courting a woman, some of the best advice you will get will be from another woman. Even more so if that woman is your mother. On a negative note, I would have sent her a text asking if I could call her on Valentine's Day, not telling her, but its too late now. When you tell her, you don't get any idea about how she feels about it.

Hi mate,

Really appreciate the advice. Just on the text note, I actually did ask:

".Hi (T) ^_^ I hope you're having a great day/evening. I would love to call you this week on Valentine's Day. It's been a while since we last spoke and would love to hear from you. I hope you're doing well. Love (M)."

That's what I wrote to her in the message. On the note of listening to advice; Obviously mum wants me to go on over and surprise her. Actually she wants me to go and propose to her. Put everything out there and do a really romantic sort of thing. Which is something I would personally love to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 7:38 PM, askandanswer said:

@TheLizardofOZ I don't want to sound too negative here but I think you are taking a HUGE risk. Right now, or in ten minutes, or in the next hour, a new friendship could start to develop, which could then turn into a relationship, and then your'e out in the cold. I believe that there are some in Utah who preach to single females that they should accept the first offer from any man worthy enough to bring them to the temple. This is perhaps not great advice, but I suspect there are some who believe it. So I wouldn't wait another second to contact her just to at least re-start communications. 

@thelizardofoz if you take this advice I would do it out of love and connection, not out of fear. I’d urge you to not make any decisions out of fear. 

You have been through a lot and I saw that you are seeing a therapist, awesome! I’ve had a therapist for over 5 years (at this point I only see him as needed) but it’s so helpful to work with someone when you’re dealing with so much. 

Now to give you my advice, try to be your best self FOR yourself. This girl may be a huge motivator for you and I believe people are meant to motivate one another, especially when it comes to a marriage. But don’t lose sight of another huge aspect of life, honoring your inner self and your relationship with the divine. Lean toward that and things will happen as they should, whether it be with this woman or not.

14 hours ago, Namaskar said:

@thelizardofoz if you take this advice I would do it out of love and connection, not out of fear. I’d urge you to not make any decisions out of fear. 

You have been through a lot and I saw that you are seeing a therapist, awesome! I’ve had a therapist for over 5 years (at this point I only see him as needed) but it’s so helpful to work with someone when you’re dealing with so much. 

Now to give you my advice, try to be your best self FOR yourself. This girl may be a huge motivator for you and I believe people are meant to motivate one another, especially when it comes to a marriage. But don’t lose sight of another huge aspect of life, honoring your inner self and your relationship with the divine. Lean toward that and things will happen as they should, whether it be with this woman or not.

Hey mate,

Thanks for that :) Yeah, I'm not making any decisions out of fear. I've had some really great advice from a lot of people both in and out of the church and I know what I have to do now. Your advice is exactly what I'm putting all of my effort into right now. I've got my move to Toronto to prepare for so I'm putting a lot of my focus into that and my spiritual studies. 

And as an added bit of info; the letter of apology from my ex arrived a few days ago. So now that I've sent a copy off to (T), I've done everything I can to clear my name. So at least that stress has gone. 

My Elder's Chorum President gave me some advice as well a few days ago, which was more direct than other advice? He said to re-read the Book of Mormon twice through, and then go and bare my testimony to her. To feel the Spirit and just show her that. Personally, I think that's some of the best advice I've received. It's something that I'm working towards.

Thanks for the reply and hope you're all doing well.

Kindest Regards,

(M)

I taught this lesson to some young men last week.  I took the word adversity at the beginning of the lesson and turned it to opportunity.  I would suggest when going through hard trials pray for the why.  One step better would be to read this lesson and study it enough so you could teach it -

https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/ap/plan-of-salvation/adversity?lang=eng