Conflicting Prayers?

Juloe

So what do you do if you get two different answer to your prayers.? Like praying about someone you like or praying about a decision should do  and you get yes and no as an answer?   Could the  devil be confusing you?  How do you tell the difference between your own emotions and wants and the spirit?

4 minutes ago, Juloe said:

So what do you do if you get two different answer to your prayers.? Like praying about someone you like or praying about a decision should do  and you get yes and no as an answer?   Could the  devil be confusing you?  How do you tell the difference between your own emotions and wants and the spirit?

Go with the first answer in faith, and the Lord will bless your good faith efforts and if you are "off" He will steer you in the right direction.

Random thoughts:

1) Satan is the author of confusion

2) When we have really strong feelings about something, that can get in the way of receiving the Lord's will

3) I agree with @CV75 that the first answer is probably the best choice

4) I recommend studying  D&C 8 and 9.  In 8:11, it seems Oliver is being told he can translate (assuming he has sufficient faith).  In section 9:1, he's basically told that he didn't follow through in time and he lost his chance to translate the B of M.  (To me, it reads like he doubted his ability to receive revelation from the Lord, so he fell back into the comfortable routine of writing for Joseph, and thereby lost his opportunity.)  IMO, lots to learn about prayers and answers in those two sections.

Edited by zil

7 hours ago, Juloe said:

It’s important to know that God will not give you and answer to a question he has already answered. He will also not give you and answer that would contradict laws and policies already established. He will also not give you an answer to something you can learn on your own.

Learning how the spirit speaks is always difficult. and is often times more difficult to understand what the spirit is when we are expecting or demanding an answer in a certain way or at a certain time.

God wants us to act for our selves on most things.

8 hours ago, Juloe said:

Experience.

13 And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?

14 For behold, I could not look upon God, except his glory should come upon me, and I were transfigured before him. But I can look upon thee in the natural man. Is it not so, surely?

Moses 1: 13-14

He could only tell the difference because he had become accustomed to what he Lord's presence was like.  Having experienced that, he knew the counterfeit when he saw it. When you're just beginning to learn how to hear the voice of the Shepherd, you may not be able to distinguish it from the counterfeit.

So, what it takes is putting yourself in situations where you KNOW you'll fee the Spirit. Stand in Holy Places.  Learn what that feels like.  Learn it like bankers know real bills from counterfeits.  Be the banker.  Don't just be the average person who cannot tell the difference.

How does the banker know?