A Man's Valentine's Present

So, I was looking at this box of chocolates in a heart shaped box and considering that many of these flavors are things that men simply don't like.  But for some reason women seem to like them.  Even my wife who normally can't stand the smell of those more flowery scented ones love having Valentine's chocolates.  But I have yet to find a man who will eat a whole box by himself within a week.  So, I'm confuzzled as to why that is so.  In the meantime, I believe I have come up with the perfect gift to give a man for Valentine's Day.

See, Mrs. Carb's birthday is shortly after Valentine's.  My oldest kids were wise enough to make use of this fact.  So, they wait until the day after Valentine's when chocolates are half off.  I, being the Pro-methius that I am, I realized that she's going to be on one major sugar binge.  So, for V Day, I got her the perfect gift.  In fact, it's the perfect gift for a man on V-Day.

A large heart-shaped beef jerky.  YES, FRIENDS!!!  A large piece of nicely seasoned beef jerky in the shape of a heart about the size of a laptop -- or four tablets.  They may be expensive, but so is a freaking box of chocolates.  I WANT BEEF JERKY!!!

9 hours ago, BeNotDeceived said:

For married folk, go with a red rose in a vase or 3 red roses wrapped. Pick it up yourself on Valentine’s Day and be done with it. It will die in a few days, an no longer clutter the world with useless stuff, but the thought will live on. 

Then, go all out on Leap Day, when she least expects it! :dude:

On 2/16/2018 at 1:04 AM, Carborendum said:

So, I was looking at this box of chocolates in a heart shaped box and considering that many of these flavors are things that men simply don't like.  But for some reason women seem to like them.  Even my wife who normally can't stand the smell of those more flowery scented ones love having Valentine's chocolates.  But I have yet to find a man who will eat a whole box by himself within a week.  So, I'm confuzzled as to why that is so.  In the meantime, I believe I have come up with the perfect gift to give a man for Valentine's Day.

I'll introduce you to my husband sometime. He gets the Stover's and Whitman box of chocolates for himself (I'm not a huge fan of them). 

16 hours ago, beefche said:

I'll introduce you to my husband sometime. He gets the Stover's and Whitman box of chocolates for himself (I'm not a huge fan of them). 

Both my grandmother and my mom used a Whitman's box for their sewing kit.  So, it wasn't until I got to the US that I found out, Whitman's is not a companion to Singer but actually a company that made chocolates.  But I still couldn't get over the thought of eating chocolates in a sewing kit so I never took a liking to Whitman's chocolates!

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Both my grandmother and my mom used a Whitman's box for their sewing kit.  So, it wasn't until I got to the US that I found out, Whitman's is not a companion to Singer but actually a company that made chocolates.  But I still couldn't get over the thought of eating chocolates in a sewing kit so I never took a liking to Whitman's chocolates!

Maybe that's where the idea of needles in Halloween candy started....