Where is heavenly father when I need him? Antidepressants and the spirit.

Petty3

4 hours ago, Petty3 said:

Thank you.  I appreciate the analogy.  You're right about how I'm seeing things and how the light is sometimes hard to see.  I'm wondering if it would be a bad thing to take a couple week break from d attending church.  I hate this struggle I'm going through and it's hard when you feel like heavenly father Is so far away or doesn't care.

I would probably ask for a break from callings (say, for three months or so).  But you need socialization with good people who care about you.

Question: how are you getting along with people in your ward?  Do you go to social activities a lot?

One thing that I find is that I'm contradicting myself.  I don't like attention.  But I want everyone to think about me.  Yeah, kind of an impossible standard.  How are you with other people?

Guest LiterateParakeet
7 hours ago, Petty3 said:

Thank you.  I appreciate the analogy.  You're right about how I'm seeing things and how the light is sometimes hard to see.  I'm wondering if it would be a bad thing to take a couple week break from d attending church.  I hate this struggle I'm going through and it's hard when you feel like heavenly father Is so far away or doesn't care.

I totally understand where you are coming from.  For awhile, I cried in the bathroom every week.  I think the only reason I kept going was for my children.  Looking back now, I'm glad I did though.  It's totally understandable that you feel God is far away, and you may even be angry with him...I sure was!   But I hope you won't stop going to church.  Satan is the one who wants you to stop going, and he's also the reason you are hurting.  

When I was in that dark place, I talked to my Bishop and he did two things that were really helpful.  First, he started giving me a heads up about what the Sacrament meeting topic was going to be so I could avoid the ones that hurt me the most...and he called me to the library - then I didn't have to go to Sunday School or Relief Society.  

I'm glad though that I didn't stop attending, because if I had taken a break, even for just a couple weeks, I don't think I would have gone back.  And I wouldn't have found my peace with the Lord. 

Please don’t take a break from church. From Bro Holland: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2004/04/abide-in-me?lang=eng

“Abide in me” is an understandable and beautiful enough concept in the elegant English of the King James Bible, but “abide” is not a word we use much anymore. So I gained even more appreciation for this admonition from the Lord when I was introduced to the translation of this passage in another language. In Spanish that familiar phrase is rendered “permaneced en mi.” Like the English verb “abide,” permanecer means “to remain, to stay,” but even gringos like me can hear the root cognate there of “permanence.” The sense of this then is “stay—but stay forever.” That is the call of the gospel message to Chileans and everyone else in the world. Come, but come to remain. Come with conviction and endurance. Come permanently, for your sake and the sake of all the generations who must follow you, and we will help each other be strong to the very end.