New guy

I am a new person to the forum, I have been lurking for a few days. Over the last few years I have been searching for a faith home, going from Protestantism when I was young to the RCC then leaving the RCC and being more or less adrift. My faith journey has led me to the LDS church to research more, I am reading my way through the Book of Mormon and have done some research online, but I have not met with anyone as of yet. I expect to have questions about the faith, church structure, etc. Thank you for making this forum!

5 minutes ago, Tampasteve2 said:

Thanks @Jane_Doe! BTW, I think we are acquainted from the "other" Christian Forum. :)

(Jane puts 2&2 together)   Ah Mr Manatee!!  in that case,

SUPER WELCOME!!!

Guys, this dude rocks!  He is a man of honor and integrity.  

Edited by Jane_Doe

2 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

(Jane puts 2&2 together)   Ah Mr Manatee!!  in that case,

SUPER WELCOME!!!

Guys, this dude rocks!  He is a man of honor and integrity.  

Just changed my avatar here too :)

You are too kind, I hope that I can live up to the reputation. :)

1 hour ago, Tampasteve2 said:

Just changed my avatar here too :)

You are too kind, I hope that I can live up to the reputation. :)

Jane Doe has been known to lie at times.  :P    I kid of course.  Welcome to the forums.

18 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I've lived in Florida for so long yet I've never done the manatee thing!  So hey, Busch Gardens?

It is a lot of fun, I have done it twice. The first time the manatees were everywhere, the second we only saw 4-5, but still a good time. If we have visitors around February-March we will try and go up. Crystal River (where they are) is around 1.5 hours from us, but a fun area to visit for the day. Busch is fun, being a Florida resident we can get a annual pass for the price of a day entry. I am not one for the rides, but I love the animal exhibits. Their summer concert series is usually pretty decent, and a good deal if one has the pass.

5 minutes ago, Tampasteve2 said:

It is a lot of fun, I have done it twice. The first time the manatees were everywhere, the second we only saw 4-5, but still a good time. If we have visitors around February-March we will try and go up. Crystal River (where they are) is around 1.5 hours from us, but a fun area to visit for the day. Busch is fun, being a Florida resident we can get a annual pass for the price of a day entry. I am not one for the rides, but I love the animal exhibits. Their summer concert series is usually pretty decent, and a good deal if one has the pass.

My kids are gaga over Busch Gardens.  There was a summer when were there every weekend.  They go down Sheikra at least 10 times in one day.