Asked not to wear pants to church

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

I find that if it is the case that there is someone who is judgemental or has a gospel hobby that they like to use as a weapon that this person also has other issues. The ‘drive people away’ person is unusual not the norm. Unfortunately Mr/Ms Alienator can have contact with a lot of people. Almost every nonmember I have tried to talk to about the church tells me about that guy or that girl who was mean to them at work or at school. It is as though we have an army of Anti-3 Nephites who go around being mean to other people! 

I understand what you mean. Some wards do have some Pharisees that love to pounce on the smallest mistake, rather than trying to strengthen their brothers and sisters. I am sorry your ward has more of these than others, but I don't think it's super common everywhere. It depends on the congregation I imagine.

2 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

I understand what you mean. Some wards do have some Pharisees that love to pounce on the smallest mistake, rather than trying to strengthen their brothers and sisters. I am sorry your ward has more of these than others, but I don't think it's super common everywhere. It depends on the congregation I imagine.

I am just sad about my Book of Mormon collection. I have 3 at the office and two at home. I have been able to place...zero! Why? That crabby and rude Anti_3 Nephi got there first! This is why, I get really annoyed with members who insist on being ‘authentic’. ‘If I think something, I am going to say it!’ 

Please be civil to others. Try to be pleasant! We are trying to attract people to our faith! 

25 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

I am just sad about my Book of Mormon collection. I have 3 at the office and two at home. I have been able to place...zero! Why? That crabby and rude Anti_3 Nephi got there first! This is why, I get really annoyed with members who insist on being ‘authentic’. ‘If I think something, I am going to say it!’ 

Please be civil to others. Try to be pleasant! We are trying to attract people to our faith! 

I don't know about that. Contrary to the popular aphorism, you don't really catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:02 PM, pwrfrk said:

I think that tells us what he's looking at.  I promise you, they want me to wear pants in church.  If I were to wear a dress my hairy legs would stand out like a sore thumb!

I wonder about that.  I mean hairy legs in a dress sticks out like... hairy legs in a dress.  That's worse than a sore thumb.  I'd think a sore thumb would be an upgrade.:P