Caught by a contractor!

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

So, I'm waiting for the contractor to come and fix an issue I'm having with a sliding door in my house. He finally shows up, and he catches me reading the BOM on my kitchen counter. It wasn't intentional, I read it most mornings in bed or at the counter with breakfast. He noticed the music I was listening to (the new Judas Priest album) and he says, "Reading the Book of Mormon and listening to heavy metal? Haven't seen that one before, and I've seen a lot."  We talked a bit about both heavy metal and the Book of Mormon-and he said he'd "look into it". 

It was a cool moment. Living in Florida LDS are in the distinct minority 

Edited by MormonGator

28 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

So, I'm waiting for the contractor to come and fix an issue I'm having with a sliding door in my house. He finally shows up, and he catches me reading the BOM on my kitchen counter. It wasn't intentional, I read it most mornings in bed or at the counter with breakfast. He noticed the music I was listening to (the new Judas Priest album) and he says, "Reading the Book of Mormon and listening to heavy metal? Haven't seen that one before, and I've seen a lot."  We talked a bit about both heavy metal and the Book of Mormon-and he said he'd "look into it". 

Ok, that's just awesome.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Vort said:

Isn't "new Judas Priest album" kind of like "new Andrews Sisters song" or "new Verdi opera"?

That's awesome. 

They've released two great albums in the last few years. Their previous album, Redeemer of Souls, I thought was 5 stars, I absolutely love it. Their latest release is not as good as ROS, but it's still good. Strongly recommend.  

14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's awesome. 

They've released two great albums in the last few years. Their previous album, Redeemer of Souls, I thought was 5 stars, I absolutely love it. Their latest release is not as good as ROS, but it's still good. Strongly recommend.  

I just can't believe a young 'un like you is listening to one of my high school metal bands. It's like the Aerosmith revival of a few years ago, sort of disorienting. In any case, I'll give them a listen. Probably right after I take my Metamucil.

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

That's awesome. 

*sigh*

ROS was not very good.  Angel of Retribution was okay.  Nostradamus I'm sure was some other band masquerading as Judas Priest.  Firepower is pretty good.  It isn't Screaming For Vengeance, but pretty good.

that's pretty funny. My platoon in Iraq used to get fired up before misisons playing all heavy metal....it makes you want to destroy stuff sometimes. Anyway was good to get them on the mood as if they needed help. They were surprised at this Mormon guy's choice when it was my turn to choose- always seek and destroy by Metallica.

Edited by paracaidista508

Guest MormonGator
4 hours ago, mirkwood said:

*sigh*

ROS was not very good.  Angel of Retribution was okay.  Nostradamus I'm sure was some other band masquerading as Judas Priest.  Firepower is pretty good.  It isn't Screaming For Vengeance, but pretty good.

It wasn't SFV, but that's one of the best metal albums of all time, so that sets the bar pretty high!

On 3/13/2018 at 9:05 AM, MormonGator said:

Sounds like You're sowing the seeds of a nightmare from hell. Were you Waiting for lightning to strike?

3 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

Sounds like You're sowing the seeds of a nightmare from hell. Were you Waiting for lightning to strike?

I hate to say it, MG, but in this particular instance I agree with Rob. He's absolutely right. What were you thinking, hiring a contractor for a sliding door problem?

2 minutes ago, Vort said:

I hate to say it, MG, but in this particular instance I agree with Rob. He's absolutely right. What were you thinking, hiring a contractor for a sliding door problem?

i'm thinking that using the client-contractor relationship as a platform to talk about Jesus might just serve as pretty good construction insurance.

Smart, @MormonGator, Smart. :)