More education, more church attendance

Sunday21

Mormons with college experience are more religiously observant, on average, than Mormons with less education. Fully 92% of college-educated Mormons are highly religious, as are 91% of Mormons with some college. Among Mormons whose education topped out with high school, however, just 78% score high on the index of religious observance.http://www.pewforum.org/2017/04/26/in-america-does-more-education-equal-less-religion/

i wonder if the personality trait of conscientiousness drives religious observance in this case. More conscientious more church attendance, more scripture reading, and a prayer schedule and thus more church attendance.

8 hours ago, MormonGator said:

How many LDS have four year college degrees from places that aren't BYU? Not an insult, just a question. I'd like to see those demographics.  

Mormons are significantly more likely than the population overall to have some college education. Six-in-ten Mormons (61%) have at least some college education, compared with half of the overall population. However, the proportion of Mormons who graduate from college (18%) or receive postgraduate education (10%) is similar to the population as a whole (16% and 11%, respectively).

Similarly, Mormons are slightly more likely to be in a middle income bracket than the general population; 38% of Mormons report earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually, compared with 30% among the population overall in this income category. Mormons are slightly less likely than the general public to be in the lowest income bracket (26% earn $30,000 or less per year compared with 31% among the general public), but they are about as likely to make $100,000 or more annually as the rest of the population (16% and 18%, respectively). This places Mormons roughly in the middle of other religious traditions on the socioeconomic spectrum. Jews, Hindus and Buddhists tend to have more education and higher incomes than Mormons, while Jehovah’s Witnesses and members of historically black Protestant churches and evangelical Protestant churches fall on the opposite end of the continuum

But converts lower

The 26% of Mormons who are converts to the faith differ markedly from lifelong Mormons in several ways. First, converts tend to be older than lifelong Mormons. Nearly half of converts (48%) are over age 50, compared with about three-in-ten lifelong members (29%). Converts also tend to be less educated than nonconverts (16% did not graduate from high school, compared with just 6% of lifelong members) and they earn decidedly lower incomes (40% make less than $30,000 a year, compared with 21% among nonconverts).

Edited by Sunday21

9 hours ago, MormonGator said:

How many LDS have four year college degrees from places that aren't BYU? Not an insult, just a question. I'd like to see those demographics.  

All of my brothers and sisters have 4yr degrees from BYU and we are not from Utah. My degree is from utah.  None do have advanced degrees got them at byu.