The MTC Abuse Story

Guest LiterateParakeet

6 hours ago, John_Pack_Lambert said:

And if you do not believe that the prophets are inspired of God you do not have to pay any tithing. And if you want to use drugs and sleep around in college you are more than welcome at the University of Utah and should leave space at BYU for people who actually support the mission of the Church. Instead of ones like Barney who lie in wait to deceive, and when their sexual appetites are stopped make up lies of rape.

No kidding...I don't care how the church runs their school as it is theirs. At the point they decide to use a governmental organization (byu  pd) to enforce moral issues which are not violations of the law and do not happen on their campus, then there actually is a public interest at that point in how a police department which has been ruled a government organization is wielding its state powers. Tithing funded or not....they opened themselves up to this. If they don't want the scrutiny, disband the police department and go back to security guards who have no powers. Then they can call Provo pd anytime the find a kid with a beer or not having shaved. Provo pd then can decide what they will help out with.

7 hours ago, John_Pack_Lambert said:
On 4/3/2018 at 9:15 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Side note: I had a doctor willing to sign a medical exemption for me, so I could attend BYU with goatee intact.  I wish things had been slightly different in my past.  I would have enjoyed attempting to not smirk in smug self-righteousness when presenting that medical exemption to every zealous BYU student who took it upon themselves to tell me I was doing something wrong.  

This seems to be a proclamation of a willingness to engage in fraud.

So, my story makes it seem to you like there was no legitimate medical exemption?  You figure not only was I willing to buck the system, but I also found a doctor willing to sign a fraudulent medical exemption for me?  You are pulling quite a lot from my words...

2 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, my story makes it seem to you like there was no legitimate medical exemption?  You figure not only was I willing to buck the system, but I also found a doctor willing to sign a fraudulent medical exemption for me?  You are pulling quite a lot from my words...

I'm not necessarily agreeing with John.  But I think I understand how he got that impression.

I believe it was the wording "a doctor willing to sign"...  Yes, it could be perfectly legitimate.  But the phrasing does open up the interpretive window... And it is not too far a stretch to get that out of the words.

22 hours ago, clwnuke said:

June Denson is 55 years old and was born on 07/18/1962. Sometimes June goes by various nicknames including June M Hughes, Mckenna Denson, June Marie Denson, June M Hughes-denson, June M Denson,. 

Well, if her maiden name was Hughes, and she married a guy named Denson, I can totally understand why she'd have all these names.   When I check my credit report, they have maybe five or six variations of my name, depending on whether I use my full first name or shortened first name, middle initial or not, spell out my middle name or not, use the "Jr." or not.  

There's nothing nefarious about a woman having two last names at various times in her life, or flirting with a hyphenation at times.
There's nothing nefarious about anyone favoring their first name sometimes, and their middle name at other times. 
There's nothing nefarious about using your middle initial sometimes, and not using it other times.

What would indicate nefariousness, is if she ever used a non-nickname-esque name that never was any first, middle, or last name she ever had.

(Now, the other stuff you say about back when you know her, that says something.  But the name thing doesn't really say anything to me.)

Edited by NeuroTypical

5 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Well, if her maiden name was Hughes, and she married a guy named Denson, I can totally understand why she'd have all these names.   When I check my credit report, they have maybe five or six variations of my name, depending on whether I use my full first name or shortened first name, middle initial or not, spell out my middle name or not, use the "Jr." or not.  

There's nothing nefarious about a woman having two last names at various times in her life, or flirting with a hyphenation at times.
There's nothing nefarious about anyone favoring their first name sometimes, and their middle name at other times. 
There's nothing nefarious about using your middle initial sometimes, and not using it other times.

What would indicate nefariousness, is if she ever used a non-nickname-esque name that never was any first, middle, or last name she ever had.

(Now, the other stuff you say about back when you know her, that says something.  But the name thing doesn't really say anything to me.)

Funny thing is that I clicked on the link to "mylife" that JAG posted.  I looked up my name.  I was shocked to find out how many spellings of my name there were.  I found half of them to be incomprehensible.

But I have to really wonder how she got the name "McKenna" or something like that.  That in no way had anything to do with her birth or married name.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, paracaidista508 said:

Then they can call Provo pd anytime the find a kid with a beer or not having shaved. Provo pd then can decide what they will help out with.

But that is exactly what happened.  And you've decided to cry foul anyway.

Face it.  You're simply a detractor who will always find something to complain about no matter what.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

But that is exactly what happened.  And you've decided to cry foul anyway.

Face it.  You're simply a detractor who will always find something to complain about no matter what.

That is not what happened. BYU never callled Provo. Was the other way around when three weeks later Provo is like what are you guys doing looking up this report?

Lets just say for example later on the court and investigators find BYU Police broke the law in dealing with this issue. Are you fine with a govt organization (Police) breaking the law in order to further the mission of BYU? If so what other laws are you ok with the police breaking? Where is the line with you??? Lastly- are you ok with your local police breaking the law in order to get you for something...anything? 

Edited by paracaidista508

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You're simply a detractor who will always find something to complain about no matter what.

Isn't that how the internet works?  

19 minutes ago, paracaidista508 said:

That is not what happened. BYU never callled Provo.

You're right.  They never did.  Someone from Provo Police DECIDED (just as you required) to share it with BYU, all on his own.  But you're still putting this at the feet of BYU as if they had some sort of control over the Provo PD.

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

But you're still putting this at the feet of BYU as if they had some sort of control over the Provo PD.

I live right near Gainesville, home of the University of Florida. If you don't think that the Gainesville PD and the University of Florida are in bed together, than you are profoundly naive. The Aaron Hernandez assault case (he was a thug down here too) shows how close the two entities are.There have been other incidents as well.

I'm sure it's the same in BYU-Provo, to some degree. 

Edited by MormonGator

5 hours ago, Carborendum said:

You're right.  They never did.  Someone from Provo Police DECIDED (just as you required) to share it with BYU, all on his own.  But you're still putting this at the feet of BYU as if they had some sort of control over the Provo PD.

U need to go read up on this. Provo never gave the report to BYU. BYU pd looked it up. They are being investigated for this along with thousands of other questionable inquiries into the database. The volume of inquiries by BYU plummeted once they found out they were being investigated. Tells ya something right there.

Edited by paracaidista508

• pam unfeatured this topic