Sacerment

Morrkai

Yesterday in high priests the instructors asked a few questions that i would like feedback on.

1. What hand do you take sacerment with? Some said right cuz of tradtion and its covenant hand. I have used either hand to take sacerment.

2. What does the sacerment table represent? Some answers were grave of Jesus,  or a altar.

Just wondering what you all had to think on it.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Morrkai said:

1. What hand do you take sacerment with? Some said right cuz of tradtion and its covenant hand. I have used either hand to take sacerment.

Doctrinally it doesn't matter one bit.  Using the right hand is a cultural tradition because 1) most people are right-handed, and 2) their personal choice going with symbology of the covenant hand.  

I as to what hand do I usually use: I'm left-handed, so usually my left.  My toddler can't decide if she's left or right handed, and takes 50/50 with each.  

6 minutes ago, Morrkai said:

2. What does the sacerment table represent? Some answers were grave of Jesus,  or a altar.

Why not both?

27 minutes ago, Morrkai said:

Yesterday in high priests the instructors asked a few questions that i would like feedback on.

Thanks

Pres Nelson explains it perfectly.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1983/03/i-have-a-question/is-it-necessary-to-take-the-sacrament-with-ones-right-hand?lang=eng

1 hour ago, Morrkai said:

Thanks

I try to take it with my right, not because of  any commandment, but because it is typically the covenant hand. 

What one should not do is persuade others to use their right hand. I was once rebuked by a well meaning high priest about using my right hand, to this day every time I partake of the sacrament I am reminded of that day x)

One should NOT be more worried about what hand To use than what covenants you are or are not living up to.