Aldi's Ginger Beer

Knowing that I'm a big fan of strong ginger ale, my wife noticed a product at Aldi's that she thought I should try.

csm_SPS_GingerBeer_4pk_Bottle_Detail_88b5e6fd34.png.9b509effabf62b981d4eb8945c4e200d.png

Summit*  Ginger Beer.  It is a POWERFUL drink.  It is stronger than Vernor's -- which up until this product, was the strongest I'd had the pleasure of drinking.  This is so strong that even after you've swallowed, you still feel the burn of the ginger in your mouth.  GOOD STUFF.

A little later, Aldi's also made the Ginger Brew.  It is a larger container of similar stuff.  But it does taste a little different. But they've stopped stocking it at our local Aldi's.  So, I can't give a great breakdown of the difference in flavor.  But it was equally good.

My home teacher had come over to discuss some businss stuff with me.  I pulled out two bottles and asked him if he wanted a beer.  HEE-HEE.

*Summit is Aldi's store brand.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

My home teacher had come over to discuss some businss stuff with me.  I pulled out two bottles and asked him if he wanted a beer.  HEE-HEE.

I've had people do a double take and then scowl when they saw my Henry Weinhard's root beer.  (It's becoming more popular though, so fewer people seem to think anything untoward.)

If you're ever in Hamilton, head out to the north and watch for the Dutchman's Hidden Valley Store.  Stop in for a ~$4 Reuben on fresh made rye bread with horseradish prepared on site, (free range bison instead of beef on request) and a bottle of Reed's Extra Ginger Brew.  Something about the combination of sauerkraut, fresh horseradish and ginger beer just makes it all so much better.  Spend a few bucks in the old fashioned candy store on the way out for dessert.

They have a few other brands of ginger beer and ginger ale on hand, but Reed's is the best one I can usually find anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...