Can I still be saved if I don't shave? Serious only please.

Hi!         :lol:

I'm new around these parts just got back from my tour in the orient. I've been in a real rough patch of late 

and I've just been dropping the ball on my shaving game. I have always wanted to get into heaven and I'm just 

wondering what Y's (the Lord)'s policy is on beard care. Will I be able to get into heaven with a beard like mine?

:huh:

On 4/2/2018 at 1:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

I'm new around these parts just got back from my tour in the orient. I've been in a real rough patch of late 

and I've just been dropping the ball on my shaving game. I have always wanted to get into heaven and I'm just 

wondering what Y's (the Lord)'s policy is on beard care. Will I be able to get into heaven with a beard like mine?

With a beard like that, I don't think the Lord could keep you out of heaven.

(And I don't believe for a moment that this is a serious question.)

On 4/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

Are you thinking that BYU is heaven?

M.

Guest MormonGator

This is a picture of one of the prophets of the church back from @Vorts era.  The beard thing (and I have a beard) is more a cultural thing than a religious teaching thing. You are fine with facial hair, but if you go to BYU, then you have to play  their game. 

Lorenzosnow.jpg

Edited by MormonGator

On 4/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

Serious Only.

Well, we can throw out this question.

Edited by Guest

On 2018-04-02 at 4:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

I have visited wards with bearded bishops. Perhaps the BYU honour code fulfills some greater purpose?

On 4/2/2018 at 1:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

Is this a serious question? 

4 minutes ago, zil said:

Perhaps the more important question is: if shaving were one of the requirements for salvation, would you shave?  Or, like the rich young man, would you go away sorrowful, for you have great facial hair?

Sometimes I really wish you'd stop giving us so much clarity with your fresh perspective and exceptional wisdom.  Makes me jealous!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2018 at 9:55 PM, PIXIE PRIME LTD said:

I used to rock a beard myself, would still have one now but my wife doesn't like it :( Keep the beard life is too short to constantly shave 

5 hours ago, Lee said:

I used to rock a beard myself, would still have one now but my wife doesn't like it :( Keep the beard life is too short to constantly shave 

I'm in the same boat.  I just shaved the longest beard I've ever grown. Why?  Because my wife would cringe whenever I kissed her.

For the snide remarks I know have formed in -- ahem -- certain people's minds, my wife does enjoy kissing me... except for the beard.

So, I shaved off two months worth of growth.  It finally looked like a real beard rather than scraggly hairs on my face.  I thought it looked rather nice.  But alas.  It was not meant to be.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:40 AM, zil said:

Perhaps the more important question is: if shaving were one of the requirements for salvation, would you shave?  Or, like the rich young man, would you go away sorrowful, for you have great facial hair?

If it were, yes I would.

I have a beard...I refuse to shave*.  Draw your own conclusion.

* until October, anyway, when my employer requires that I shave.  But admittedly, I'm only willing to shave then because the alternatives could quite literally be clean shaven or death.

27 minutes ago, MarginOfError said:

* until October, anyway, when my employer requires that I shave.  But admittedly, I'm only willing to shave then because the alternatives could quite literally be clean shaven or death.

Ah, the hazardous life of a statistician, always flirting with death. (Technically 99.8% of the time, p=0.01.)

31 minutes ago, MarginOfError said:

If it were, yes I would.

I'm assuming you're joking.  I mean... You'd shave to avoid temporary physical death.  But you would NOT shave to avoid permanent spiritual death.  Uh-huh.  I buy that.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

I'm assuming you're joking.  I mean... You'd shave to avoid temporary physical death.  But you would NOT shave to avoid permanent spiritual death.  Uh-huh.  I buy that.

I assume he meant "Yes, I would shave," not "Yes, I would go away sorrowing."

3 minutes ago, Vort said:

I assume he meant "Yes, I would shave," not "Yes, I would go away sorrowing."

Perhaps.  But when he says "draw your own conclusions" I'm drawing my own conclusion.