Was Cain the son of Serpent ?

Earl

21 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You thought it took that long, did you?

Actually, no, but The Urantia Book sealed the deal.

I'm impressed that anyone caught my dated reference. Though the phrase "jump the shark" is in the current lingo, so it shouldn't be that hard.

8 hours ago, Vort said:

Actually, no, but The Urantia Book sealed the deal.

I'm impressed that anyone caught my dated reference. Though the phrase "jump the shark" is in the current lingo, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I find that The Urantia Book has a similar feeling to Project Doctrine of Christ. Or it could be similar to Scientology.  Perhaps by a similar... ahem... source.

Edited by Guest

@Earl I'm going to bow of this discussion now. I struggled with your ideas to begin with, but tried to gain some better understanding of your points and share my perspective in case it helped you learn more of what you came here looking for. 

Now that I've shared my position and had you share why you disagree, I am happy to agree to disagree and move on.

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, Earl said:

Mordorbund asked me if I believe Cain was the son of Serpent

Mainstream Christianity believes Cain was the son of Adam .

However ,the christian people I have discussed this with over the years fail to see a conflict in the Bible scripture.

Here is the conflicting verses

Gen.4.1-And Adam knew Eve his wife,and she conceived ,and bare Cain....

vs

Gen.5.3-And Adam....begat a son in his own likeness and after his image....Seth.

Here is the problem

No other children was born in between Cain and Seth because this statement would not be stated, would not have said this.

Cain was not in Adam's Likeness (appearance representation or resemblance)

Cain was not in Adam's image (a reproduction or imitation of form)

This would indicate Adam is not the father of Cain.

Some believe there is a connection between Serpent ( but they would call it ,the serpent) beguiling Eve and the outcome of it was Cain.

But there is no definitive explanation what the "tree" really is or means in the Bible.

Serpent did not eat from the tree only Eve then Adam ,if you are looking in that direction.

However the above conflicting statements do indicate to me Cain was a half breed who's father is not mentioned in the Bible.

Cain and his wife apparently had very good genetics ,his offspring built a city and worked iron and brass,herded cattle,developed musical instruments and played them..(It reads as if these things were done for the  first time)

And to answer your other question,no I have no particular denomination.

Have you ever read The Book of Adam and Eve?

It does an interesting job of adding details to this topic.

It does seem that going down further and further into sin will affect our DNA somehow.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, e v e said:

The urantia book is a reference? why?

I will reply to the op that cain is a complicated topic and doesn’t mean eve had physical material relations with a satanic being. 

I don't know why.

My guess would be that some of the websites that publish ancient books may publish all kinds of books.... .but that is just a guess.

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 7:39 AM, Earl said:

Mordorbund asked me if I believe Cain was the son of Serpent

Mainstream Christianity believes Cain was the son of Adam .

However ,the christian people I have discussed this with over the years fail to see a conflict in the Bible scripture.

Here is the conflicting verses

Gen.4.1-And Adam knew Eve his wife,and she conceived ,and bare Cain....

vs

Gen.5.3-And Adam....begat a son in his own likeness and after his image....Seth.

Here is the problem

No other children was born in between Cain and Seth because this statement would not be stated, would not have said this.

Cain was not in Adam's Likeness (appearance representation or resemblance)

Cain was not in Adam's image (a reproduction or imitation of form)

This would indicate Adam is not the father of Cain.

Some believe there is a connection between Serpent ( but they would call it ,the serpent) beguiling Eve and the outcome of it was Cain.

But there is no definitive explanation what the "tree" really is or means in the Bible.

Serpent did not eat from the tree only Eve then Adam ,if you are looking in that direction.

However the above conflicting statements do indicate to me Cain was a half breed who's father is not mentioned in the Bible.

Cain and his wife apparently had very good genetics ,his offspring built a city and worked iron and brass,herded cattle,developed musical instruments and played them..(It reads as if these things were done for the  first time)

And to answer your other question,no I have no particular denomination.

a first step to understand is that cain and abel ,  the described events , did not happen on this earth

or by procreating in the current bodies .