Marrying a Non Member

Jeeshway

10 hours ago, Traveler said:

Then in such a case - the separate bank account are not really a problem but rather are symptoms that have nothing to do with the cause.   And for communication purposes - I am thinking it would be better to center on why someone marries someone they do not trust.

The Traveler

Ask this generation. I find a strong correlation with divorce and selfishness.

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

There are reasons (liability) to have titles and deeds listed separate or in an LLC under different individual legal control.  In fact, to do so requires greater trust than joint and equal portions. 

I'll second this.  I have a business that due to legal requirements, I am not allowed to put my wife's name as a board member.  Thus, she does not have her name on the bank account either.  I've tried to give her the userid and password, but she never remembers, nor does she write it down.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, MormonGator said:

On the contrary, it helps many couples communicate better about money. 

It's always a challenge when we meet someone who has different ideas or philosophies than we do. Perhaps it would be best if we chalked it up to "What works for them, works for them" instead of "They must be deficient in some way because they don't do things the same way I do."  

No, obviously, if people aren't doing things Rob's way, they are CLEARLY deficient.  Gator, how many times do I have to tell you that your Jersey is deficient because it doesn't have any green on it?!?!?

10 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

Ask this generation. I find a strong correlation with divorce and selfishness.

There is a book written in the 90's you may find interesting titled "Generations".  It may be a challenge for you because it is a scientific sectarian book about how one generation affects the next and there are no references to scripture - but it predicts attitudes of future generations through the 90's up to about 2070.  In essence it scientifically outlines how we of a previous generation screw up the next generation - thinking that we are giving them an advantage.  It does kind of parallel Brigham Young's fear and the Book of Mormon that economic prosperity screws up the next generation.  

The Traveler