The Left Behind Series

pam

I'm reading the sequel right now. I have to say it lacks anything that the 12 book series had that held my attention. I'm rather bored with it. I could have just read the 12 books and been happy.

That is what i thought when i heard about the prequels, reading the whole series gives you a pretty good understanding as to what the back story could be, so i didnt bother reading the prequels. i really enjoyed reading the left behind series but after seeing the movie i couldnt get quirk Cameron's face outta my head every time i read about buck.:P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what i thought when i heard about the prequels, reading the whole series gives you a pretty good understanding as to what the back story could be, so i didnt bother reading the prequels. i really enjoyed reading the left behind series but after seeing the movie i couldnt get quirk Cameron's face outta my head every time i read about buck.:P

There was a movie based on this series? What was it called?

One of my favorite series of books is the "Out of the Ashes" series. Post apocalyptic writings.

Ben Raines

Who wrote that series and is it similar to The Left Behind series?

Guest The_Doctor

For a story that is similar, but, imho, more sophisticated, try the Christ Clone Trilogy.

http://www.amazon.com/Image-Book-Christ-Cl...5775&sr=8-1

I've read both (though I didn't finish the Left Behind series, because the authors' writing is bland and rather uninteresting to me). What I found is the Left Behind series is more accurate from a prophecy stand point, but it's bland; where as the Christ Clone trilogy is a great piece of fiction with most of the prophecies of Revelation in it. If I remember correctly in the Christ Clone trilogy the Anti-Christ character never makes anyone worship him, though it's foretold that he will. I especially like how in the Christ Clone trilogy you like the Anti-Christ up until the end of the second book. When I realized that fact I was terrified! That's what I suspect the real Anti-Christ will be like. Unlike Nicolia (I think that's close to how his name is spelled), who you hate through the entire series. Also the Christ Clone trilogy uses a little science to explain how some of the stuff in Revelation might be possible.

But, I would have to say they're good in different ways.

there are two, left behind and tribulation force both staring kirk cameron

Thanks I'll have to see if I can find them. Would like to see them now after having read the series.

Guest The_Doctor

there are two, left behind and tribulation force both staring kirk cameron

There's actually three. The third one, I believe, is called "World at War"; or something around those lines.

I read one, couldn't tell you which or much else about it. I thought it was pretty dull.

One thing though: don't all the people taken in the Rapture leave their clothes behind? I don't seem to recall what the books make of this, but I can say that I try to wear my Rapture suit as often and as long as possible.

"Clothed in Glory." I don't think "Glory" is some DuPont trademark for some sort of fabric, like Dacron.

I'll raise you one. There are now 3. :cool::cool:

BTW, Kirk Cameron is starring in Fireproof, a very pro-family film, just released. It is broadly Christian, but not sectarian.

oh yeah you are right, i forgot about that. (my memory is a little bad) i will have to keep an eye out for the new movie, i think i recently saw a trailer for it on tv

I read one, couldn't tell you which or much else about it. I thought it was pretty dull.

One thing though: don't all the people taken in the Rapture leave their clothes behind? I don't seem to recall what the books make of this, but I can say that I try to wear my Rapture suit as often and as long as possible.

"Clothed in Glory." I don't think "Glory" is some DuPont trademark for some sort of fabric, like Dacron.

i found it to be a pretty good series, different from what i usually like to read but i couldn't put them down till i finished the series. it was these books that have helped me regain my testimony in Christ as well as prompting me to come back to church.

Guest The_Doctor
Hidden

In the Christ Clone trilogy they just die, instead of disappearing. Which in my opinion makes more sense, after all where they're going they don't need bodies.

... after all where they're going they don't need bodies.

Well, that's what the devil wants you to think, since he can't have a body. That's one of the things that Mormon nudists like to think about: we get sent here to get a body and it goes with us in the afterlife. It's not something to be ashamed of. Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
once => one

Guest The_Doctor
Hidden

My reasoning was the whole no unclean thing can be in the presence of God. Thus they get new immortal, incorruptible bodies.

I haven't but that sounds good. Will have to check that out. With all the things I need to read...I'll be reading from now until the millenium. haha

Chris Stewart is a bestselling author, world-record-setting pilot, and president and CEO of the The Shipley Group, a nationally recognized consulting and training group.

The guy served fourteen as a pilot, where we piloted both the B-1B bomber and rescue helicopters. On June 3, 1995 he led a flight of two B-!s on a nonstop flight around the world, setting three world-speed records.