Patriarchal Blessing Convert

Hi,

I am 28 year old  recent convert to the church about 6 month ago nearly 7.I live by the standards of the church law of chastity,wisdom and thithing and attend sunday services and perform my calling faithfully .

I have heard alot about the PB as We are teaching the YW about them and preparing them to recieve their own(my calling is in the YW presidency).

I have prayed out it faithfully but i am not sure of the answer i recieved so i am still praying on it but i wanted some general advise if anyone else has been in my situation is it ok this soon or should i wait until i have a full temple recommendation.

Any advise would be appreciated as this can be confusing to someone who has not grown up in the church

Edited by edakanari
Text and spelling

Hi edakanari,

My two cents - Your outward observations of religiosity aren't really the point here.  If you're spiritually minded, and at a point in your life where you are willing to receive personal guidance and revelation from your Father in Heaven via the patriarch, I say go get your PB.    Go meet with your bishop and talk about it.  I'm sure the two of you can come up with a good plan.

I got my PB 20+ years ago.  I broke it out and re-read it last month, and had something current clarified about my life and role here on earth.  It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Hi!  Welcome to the forum and (more importantly) welcome to Christ's church!   And way to go with everything you're doing (especially the prayer component).  

You are welcome to get your Patriarchal Blessing now.  Just chat with your bishop about it, he'll talk with you about it & answer any questions, and give you the Patriarch's contact info so you can set up and appointment.  

I second anyone who says, in your position, "Don't wait. Speak with your bishop, and then make contact with your stake patriarch."

With young men and young women, I would recommend they wait until they are older (between 16-18). You are at an age, that you are already able to comprehend what these are, and their importance.

I received mine last month and I've been a member less time than you.  If you feel prompted to get it, I see no reason why you would wait.

I rarely know what I'm talking about, but my sentiment seems to be in line with everyone else's, so maybe this blind squirrel found a nut.

Edited by Grunt

Hi there!

I'm a newbie here, too.  I can't give you any advice on your PB, but I can tell you I got mine at age 12. I learned about them in YW, and was one of the only girls excited about it. :D And yes, I totally didn't understand a lot of it. But the nice thing was, I grew into a lot of it. Like the scriptures, sometimes the message changes when you change. Like "Love one another" can have a different context at different points in your life. If you do decide to get your PB, it's okay if you don't understand or gloss over it a little bit. What the Lord wants you to know will pop out and guide you when you need it. I'm so happy for you. And welcome. :)