Tremendous Problems

theodoridis

I've written a long detailed column, I was agonizing over posting it. I'm not a Mormon though I'm a Christian, it was all explaining the difficulties of my long far love for this devout Mormon girl I've loved since I was 12. I'm 30 now I just hesitate cause I know the ecclesiastical issues are severe. My I'm a head case this is a pre-post to my very long post just to check the temperature of response. If you can't tell I've issues of confidence.

4 hours ago, theodoridis said:

I've written a long detailed column, I was agonizing over posting it. I'm not a Mormon though I'm a Christian, it was all explaining the difficulties of my long far love for this devout Mormon girl I've loved since I was 12. I'm 30 now I just hesitate cause I know the ecclesiastical issues are severe. My I'm a head case this is a pre-post to my very long post just to check the temperature of response. If you can't tell I've issues of confidence.

Well, non-Mormons are still welcome to post here.  That's not an issue.

The theme that you mention, though, is that you've had a crush for 18 years that you can't seem to get over.  It's not that it would be considered evil or anything like that.  But, really?

1) Fish or cut bait.
2) Move on with your life with whatever decision you end up making.

8 hours ago, theodoridis said:

Hi @theodoridis, welcome to the forum!

I am a LDS lady very happily married to an Evangelical dude.  It *is* possible to have a happy interfaith marriage, but it takes a TON of work, understanding, and respect-- even moreso than other marriages (which are already a ridiculous amount in all three of those categories).  I'd be happy to chat with you either on the public board or via PM about some of the challenges associated with it.  

@theodoridis Welcome! So pleased that you are here! 

Many Lds people marry nonLds people. Being Lds can be very demanding or not. It depends in part on the ability to say No! The demands also depend on where you live. In areas with more Lds people, it can be easier to say ‘No’.

Mormonism is a religion which can have a high time commitment.

Anyway, all the best!