Why should I be a Mormon?

2ndRateMind

5 hours ago, 2ndRateMind said:

Thanks, MaryJehanne, for that. There is quite a lot there to take on board, but while I read, mark, learn and inwardly digest, I just wanted for you to know I am not ignoring you, and am grateful for all your efforts on my behalf.

Best wishes, 2RM.

You're welcome! I'm happy to do it. :) Let me know if I can help you with anything else! Good luck and God bless! 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, 2ndRateMind said:

Uh huh. That seems to me to be one heck of a lot of reading, when I am simply looking for a rational, straightforward, direct, reason.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Isaiah prophesied that there would come a time of human withdrawal from G-d throughout the earth (See Isaiah 24).  The imagery used by Isaiah is the earth becoming “empty”, “turned upside down” and humanity scattered.  This is very different than “becoming one” as described by Christ.   I submit that disciples of Christ (real Christians) are not diverse.  Diversity in the kingdom of G-d is the anti-Christ.  Ture Christians are not diverse but of “One mind and one heart”.  Jesus said, “If you are not one you are not mine.”

Isaiah described a “great apostasy” but the flaw is that many think of apostasy strictly in terms of doctrinal heresy.   But in verse 5 of Isaiah 24 – Isaiah describes that man separates from G-d by – 1. Transgressing the Law.  2. Changing the Ordinances and 3. Breaking the everlasting Covenant.

If you like we can explorer together how Traditional Christianity, following the advent of the Apostles, that Christianity did indeed transgress the Law, change the Ordinances and break the everlasting Covenant – the covenant that was given to Adam in Eden.

At this point I would take you to the prophetic imagery of the Prophet Daniel (chapter 2).  Here the Prophet Daniel uses the imagery of a human figure to represent the great kingdoms of the earth leading up to the “Last Days”.   The final kingdom of Iron is generally understood to be the Roman empire.  First divided into two parts – the two legs of the human figure and eventually into ten weak kingdoms of iron mixed with clay in the 10 toes of the figure.  At the time of the weak kings a stone would be cut from a mountain by G-d to break down and replace the kingdoms of man.  I will leave you do your devices to determine when the Roman Empire was reduced to 10 kingdoms that fell and became democracies.

Now I will return to Isaiah to identify the stone cut out by G-d.  In Isaiah chapter 2 verse 2 Isaiah tells us that the “mountain of the Lord’s house” (Did you note that Danial said the stone will become a mountain?) will be established in a place known as “the top of the mountains”.  

In 1846 the Mormons were forced to leave the United States and journey into Mexican territory to establish a place where they could practice their newly restored religious faith.  This is despite that the US constitution (2nd Amendment) grants by law peaceable assembly (by diverse Christians?).  Shortly after the Mormons settled in the West the US settled a war with Mexico and took possession of the territory.  The Mormon territory was given the title of Desert.  For many years the Mormons petitioned the US to become a state but the anti-Mormons in congress prevented it.  The territory of Desert was divided and the Mormon territory shrunk until near at the end of the 19th Century the Mormon territory was granted statehood – but the last second in congress the name was changed from Desert to Utah to spite the Mormon’s desire to name their state.  No one realized that this fulfilled the prophesy of Isaiah 2:2.  -  Not even the Mormon’s.  How was this a fulfilment of the prophesy?

Because in the native American tongue of the Ute people the literal meaning of Utah is “the top of the Mountains.”

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons) are not a break off from any organization of man but rather the restoration of the Law, Ordinances and Covenants established anciently but lost because the Law was transgressed, the Ordinances changed and the Covenant broken.

The Traveler

So, someone recommended me to read 'The God who Weeps'. I can't remember who it was, and despite trawling my threads, can't find the post. Anyway, I'd just like to report that I have bought the Kindle edition of the book, which I will read as opportunity, time, and inclination permits. Thanks, anyway, whoever you are. It looked interesting.

Best wishes, 2RM.

PS. Just found it. Thank you Connie.

Edited by 2ndRateMind

2 hours ago, 2ndRateMind said:

So, someone recommended me to read 'The God who Weeps'. I can't remember who it was, and despite trawling my threads, can't find the post. Anyway, I'd just like to report that I have bought the Kindle edition of the book, which I will read as opportunity, time, and inclination permits. Thanks, anyway, whoever you are. It looked interesting.

Best wishes, 2RM.

PS. Just found it. Thank you Connie.

You're welcome.