Who agrees with original beliefs of the founders, or who thinks we should learn from history.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Welcome, @barry scott!

I think you're gonna need to be a little more verbose in your OP if you want someone to answer your otherwise overly vague question.

Who exactly are "the founders"?  What are their "original beliefs"?  And what has history taught that you view as contrary to those beliefs (or something founded on those beliefs?) and therefore requiring change?

Without all that (and possibly more), no one could possibly provide you with a meaningful answer.

An agnostic Brit walks into a Mormon forum and starts a poll about the founders of the US constitution?  Add a priest and a Rabbi to the story, and you've got the fixins' of a really good joke... 

Welcome Barry!  What Zil said. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

Just now, NeuroTypical said:

founders of the US constitution

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Maybe he's talking about Founders Brewing Company.  Maybe he's talking about the founders of formal Agnosticism (is there such a thing?).  There's something called "Founders Ministries" - maybe it's about those founders.

What if it's a type-o and this is all about flounders!?  Maybe this post was made just for the halibut! :crackup: (sorry, couldn't resist)

3 hours ago, zil said:

What if it's a type-o and this is all about flounders!?  Maybe this post was made just for the halibut! :crackup: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Maybe it's a poll about British fish and chips recipes.

Edited by mirkwood

Also, the two things are not mutually exclusive.  Whoever the founders are, can you not agree with them and also learn from history?  Why, just the other day I learned that vibranium comes from Wakanda, and that they have been keeping it secret from us for 1000's of years!  I agree with their reasons, but I think Iron Man could seriously use a vibranium upgrade to his armor!  Why do Captain America and Black Panther get the monopoly on it?

On 5/14/2018 at 1:01 PM, person0 said:

Also, the two things are not mutually exclusive.  Whoever the founders are, can you not agree with them and also learn from history?  Why, just the other day I learned that vibranium comes from Wakanda, and that they have been keeping it secret from us for 1000's of years!  I agree with their reasons, but I think Iron Man could seriously use a vibranium upgrade to his armor!  Why do Captain America and Black Panther get the monopoly on it?

Captain America gave his shield up, remember?  And he was only borrowing one for Infinity War.  In the comics, he (Iron Man) made a suit out of uru which was the second to strongest Asgardian metal.  And uru was strong enough to break vibranium (in comics, apparently not in the movies). 

So, there was a special storyline where Odin's older brother came back from the dead or something like that.  And he equipped a whole bunch of bad guys (and some good guys he turned bad) with uru hammers on par with Mjolnir.  Thor's superior strength and fighting skills allowed him to hold his own against them.  But eventually, he lost and had to flee (IIRC).

So, Odin got the remaining Avengers various weapons of uru.  Hawkeye had uru arrows, Iron Man's suit went through some special process to turn it into uru.  This was the bleeding edge armor so it put him in some danger to survive the process. 

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2018 at 8:57 AM, zil said:

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Maybe he's talking about Founders Brewing Company...

Yes!!! That's it!  I knew it.  I guess he was just asking if we should fish or cut bait.:nasty:

Ya, the poll kinda present a false dichotomy.

1) Either you agree with the founders

2) Or you believe we need to learn from history (which kinda implies the founders didn't learn from history)

I am going to go with, I agree we need to learn from history, and I am willing to agree with others who learned from history.

So, I assume I picked option "D" -- Other -- and added my content in ghost text area.