Favorite Films & Shows

MaryJehanne

Movies:  Field of Dreams, Rudy, Miracle, Titanic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (timeless classic), Jurassic Park (the original), James Bond (with Roger Moore especially), 50 First Dates (and I loathe Adam Sandler).

TV:  Star Trek Voyager (I've gone through the series at least 5 times),  CSI Las Vegas, Jeopardy (every day).  I do have Babylon 5 on DVD, but I haven't watched it in years.  I also loved Leminy Snicket.  It was unique.

Edited by bytebear

On 6/28/2018 at 4:42 AM, anatess2 said:

Another favorite:

Les Miserables
Best Scene

You have good tastes @anatess2! :) 

Though On My Own from the same takes my number 1 - what a beautiful piece of music that is.  

i really enjoy Cinderella from 2015.  Not very often kindness and gentleness are the central traits of the heroine.  The Hiding Place from 1975, Fiddler on the Roof, Sophie Scholl, The Life of Pi, A Man For All Seasons, Miracles From Heaven, Lord Jim, The Light Between Oceans, The Greatest Showman, and like @Lee, The Count of Monte Cristo (Richard Chamberlain version).

The American Experience Documentaries are incredible generally - Amish: Shunned and Battle of Chosin are both so emotional.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, lostinwater said:

You have good tastes @anatess2! :) 

Though On My Own from the same takes my number 1 - what a beautiful piece of music that is.  

i really enjoy Cinderella from 2015.  Not very often kindness and gentleness are the central traits of the heroine.  The Hiding Place from 1975, Fiddler on the Roof, Sophie Scholl, The Life of Pi, A Man For All Seasons, Miracles From Heaven, Lord Jim, The Light Between Oceans, The Greatest Showman, and like @Lee, The Count of Monte Cristo (Richard Chamberlain version).

The American Experience Documentaries are incredible generally - Amish: Shunned and Battle of Chosin are both so emotional.

Fiddler is on my fave list.  Best scene:

The Count of MonteCristo is also on my list.  Favorite scene:

7 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Fiddler is on my fave list.  Best scene:

The Count of MonteCristo is also on my list.  Favorite scene:

Thanks!

Not sure if you've seen the 1975 version.  Maybe it's that people like whatever they see first, but i've always thought that particular version was exceptional.  The ending scene is so poignant.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cdg4b8z7hg

The rejection scene from Fiddler on the Roof.  i love depictions of how two good people can believe so differently.  It entirely understandable, and yet so very sad.

https://vimeo.com/278060955

15 hours ago, lostinwater said:

Thanks!

Not sure if you've seen the 1975 version.  Maybe it's that people like whatever they see first, but i've always thought that particular version was exceptional.  The ending scene is so poignant.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cdg4b8z7hg

The rejection scene from Fiddler on the Roof.  i love depictions of how two good people can believe so differently.  It entirely understandable, and yet so very sad.

https://vimeo.com/278060955

I'm not as fond of the 1975 version.  I find the older movies are... ah... stiff?  The older movie styles rely much more on the dialogue to convey the story.  I'm more into the more modern style of combining good dialogue with intense action.