So, I've been wondering, can I wear a bikini if it is modest and no revealing? This may seem silly, but I am looking for a new swimsuit and have really bad chest acne. The only thing I can find that is high enough to cover it are some high chested bikinis. I have a plan to just wear the top and wear board shorts but I need some other opinions.

Edited by Hey_I_Have_A_Question
Wanted to make sure I would get notified of replies

I love my new tankini I bought this year.  It’s modest.  Doesn’t show any midriff, and it has the shorts instead of a bikini bottom.  What I’ve disliked about one-piece swimwear is whenever I had to use the restroom, the whole swimsuit would have to be peeled down to your knees/ankles and I’m praying no one is peeking through the gaps in the bathroom stalls, or little children don’t decide to crawl under the stall doors, as they like to do while mom is using an adjoining stall.

11 hours ago, Hey_I_Have_A_Question said:

So, I've been wondering, can I wear a bikini if it is modest and no revealing? This may seem silly, but I am looking for a new swimsuit and have really bad chest acne. The only thing I can find that is high enough to cover it are some high chested bikinis. I have a plan to just wear the top and wear board shorts but I need some other opinions.

Due to sun exposure, many people in Texas are foregoing the swimsuit, favoring those cover-all type suits that resemble wetsuits made of polyester rather than neoprene.  They look fine.

My wife will wear a somewhat revealing swimsuit and then put a T-shirt on top of it.

11 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Due to sun exposure, many people in Texas are foregoing the swimsuit, favoring those cover-all type suits that resemble wetsuits made of polyester rather than neoprene.  They look fine.

That's what my boys wear here in the northeast, too.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, Hey_I_Have_A_Question said:

If you are hot, you should definitely wear a bikini.  Acne goes away, hotness doesn't unless you get fat.<_<

On 5/20/2018 at 5:43 AM, Grunt said:

Perhaps go read the thread again where we beat it to death, rather than dragging this one off-topic.

Just a suggestion.

I guess I never saw the thread where it was discussed why women can’t show their stomachs. 

3 minutes ago, BJ64 said:

I guess I never saw the thread where it was discussed why women can’t show their stomachs. 

It wasn't discussed because it's a ridiculous discussion that any honest LDS understands.  You did, however, try to have the argument by tossing around the exact same argument using various other body parts.  

You know that, though.  You're just wordsmithing again.

27 minutes ago, Grunt said:

It wasn't discussed because it's a ridiculous discussion that any honest LDS understands.  You did, however, try to have the argument by tossing around the exact same argument using various other body parts.  

You know that, though.  You're just wordsmithing again.

You are like a parent who when asked “why” says because I said so. Without giving any reason. 

15 minutes ago, BJ64 said:

You are like a parent who when asked “why” says because I said so. Without giving any reason. 

You're like the evil inner voice whispering in people's ear "just do it.  It's ok.  It's "technically" not a sin.

Only in this case I gave a specific reference to establish exactly what I was talking about.

Edited by Grunt