Update...I get to be re-baptised!

So baptism is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.  My dad will baptize me, and I'm considering asking my FIL to do the confirmation.  He and I haven't got along that well since all this came out, but I think he would be willing and it might demonstrate my efforts to mend the relationship.  What do you think?

4 minutes ago, workingonit said:

So baptism is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.  My dad will baptize me, and I'm considering asking my FIL to do the confirmation.  He and I haven't got along that well since all this came out, but I think he would be willing and it might demonstrate my efforts to mend the relationship.  What do you think?

That is totally a personal call.  Nothing us strangers over the internet can remotely weigh in to.

I'm happy for you, @workingonit. As @Jane_Doe says, that's a personal question that a group of internet strangers probably can't give a good opinion on. It certainly sounds like a nice gesture. Maybe you could broach the general topic with your FIL and kind of feel out his ideas on the subject before actually asking him. I don't know. Best of luck.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:41 AM, workingonit said:

Advise boards always seem to leave us hanging.  So...I thought I would give you all an update.  In April of 2017 I was excommunicated, and in May of 2018 my discaplinary counsil was re-conveined.  I am excited to let you know that I have been authorized to be rebaptised.  We haven't yet selected a date, but it should be soon.  My marriage is stronger than ever.  I feel closer to my children and my relationship with my Father in Heaven and Savior is stronger than ever as well.  I am very grateful to my Savior, for his mercy and power.  I'm grateful for the struggle, it helps us determine where we want to be and affirms our dedication in obtaining those promised blessings.  To any that are currently struggling...Press on, it's worth it!!

Awesome!  Best wishes