Mother in Heaven or Celestial Marriage Information/Evidence?

BradenH

If anyone would like to help out, 

I want to learn more about our Heavenly Mother/ Celestial Marriage and want to share it with my crush (who is also LDS). 

I think it would be a cool idea to talk about those topics with her :)

There's not much out there, and almost all of what is, is basically just someone's conjecture.

As the Hymn "O My Father" goes,

I had learned to call thee Father,

Thru thy Spirit from on high,

But, until the key of knowledge

Was restored, I knew not why.

In the heav'ns are parents single?

No, the thought makes reason stare!

Truth is reason; truth eternal

Tells me I've a mother there.

It's logical that we have a mother, and many teach this, but there is precious little that we know or have been told.

I personally ascribe to the theory that our Father treasures his wife so much that he does not want to subject her to the abuse that he receives on a daily basis from many angry people in this World.  That, to avoid having her name tossed about like a piece of burning paper in the wind from those who use it as an expression of hate, anger, or otherwise we do not even know her name or what to call her.  To avoid having her name utilized lightly or used in an inappropriate manner, we also do not know her name.

Instead, we know the basics that we need to know.  Much like in a home where the Father is the one who leads and (at least in many) is the one responsible for judgment and punishment, so it is with our Heavenly Home.  In this manner, for our sinful natures (which is almost constant) we deal with the executor of the Law in the Home, our Father.  This way, when we talk back or however else rebellious children do, he is the one facing our anger, rather than a Mother. 

It may be that if we treated a Mother like we do our Father, his anger would be so kindled at our disrespect that we would cease to be in an instant, or that we feel the full power of his wrath.

This, of course is ALL CONJECTURE on my part.  The simple thing is we do not know, because there is nothing really stated about a Heavenly Mother.

In regards to Celestial Marriage, we have the Doctrine and Covenants and many talks given in Conference. 

Here are a few talks (there are many)...

Russell M Nelson, Celestial Marriage October 2008

Henry B. Eyring, Eternal Families

I'm not sure which arena you want to focus on in regards to Eternal Marriage with a crush.  If you are married to your crush I can see a broad spectrum of things that could be of interest, but if you are not, what part of the Celestial Marriage do you want to focus on in regards to spouses and eternity?

56 minutes ago, BradenH said:

I think it would be a cool idea to talk about those topics with her

IMO, given that there's next to nothing revealed about our Heavenly Mother, I would recommend that the two of you:

1) Read the Church essay and linked material together

2) Read about celestial marriage together

...and discuss things together as you read.  Instead of sharing our thoughts with her, share your own thoughts with each other.  That would be far better for the two of you than whatever we can share with you.  (Just my opinion.)