Answered

Overwatch

2 minutes ago, dellme said:

The older I have gotten in life the more done I am in general with walking on eggshells, b/c you eventually get to a certain point where you realize how much of the problems in life really are just bull.  And the people who have helped me out most in life are the ones who have given it to me straight with no fluffy junk around the edges.

And IMO, if someone thinks they have to use fluffy words to not "offend" me, then they don't really think too much of me-b/c it indicates to me that they don't think I have a strong enough mind to be able to emotionally deal with whatever they say.  And that is what has really happened in society, it is an infantilization of society, so you can't ever have the hard conversations b/c we treat each other like emotional infants who can't handle certain words, thoughts, or emotions.

It's ironic, 50 years ago people were much more courteous, but not as afraid to speak their mind (they said yes sir, no sir, opened doors etc.).  Today people are less courteous and more afraid to speak their mind . . .ironic isn't it.

Before I came home just now I was talking to a US Special Forces Vet. and we were talking about something similar. Funny two convos basically on the same topic.

6 minutes ago, zil said:

Now it's my turn to be confused.  I have no idea what you're trying to say, and no idea who the "team" members would be.  I'll respond to @dellme when I'm done typing said response.

PS: I'm pretty sure you and dellme are more upset about [something] than anyone else here is.

You are projecting Zil *[Meaning just having some fun with ya]  Good to see you C :

Edited by Overwatch

5 minutes ago, zil said:

Now it's my turn to be confused.  I have no idea what you're trying to say, and no idea who the "team" members would be.  I'll respond to @dellme when I'm done typing said response.

PS: I'm pretty sure you and dellme are more upset about [something] than anyone else here is.

I agree with Overwatch.  I'm not upset; it's more commentary.

1 minute ago, Overwatch said:

You are projecting Zil. Good to see you C :

Projecting what?  Being upset?  I'm not upset.  I'm confused.  And I'm trying to type a response to dellme that explains how I was just amused by the irony of his post.

7 minutes ago, dellme said:

?? What are you talking about.  

No, claiming someone is taking offense doesn't shut down the conversation unless all you are doing is arguing about who is taking offense, which is ludicrous.  A lot more conversations in today's society boil down to  "you said something offense, so I'm going to be mean to you", vs. "you are taking offense, so I'm going to be mean to you".

Irony.  I was talking about irony.

Just now, zil said:

Projecting what?  Being upset?  I'm not upset.  I'm confused.  And I'm trying to type a response to dellme that explains how I was just amused by the irony of his post.

ah, well let me help with your confusion. If I don't like you I will block you. The admin gave us this awesome feature and I am definitely on board with using. If I respond back with a good nature ribbing it means I am engaging you in the convo and would like to make it fun OR I think you are being sassy on purpose to have a fun dialogue. The day I think someone gets butt hurt too easy I will just not respond to them. 

Pretty simple. Lots of good info here and a great opportunity to have fun with each other. 

Just now, Overwatch said:

ah, well let me help with your confusion. If I don't like you I will block you. The admin gave us this awesome feature and I am definitely on board with using. If I respond back with a good nature ribbing it means I am engaging you in the convo and would like to make it fun OR I think you are being sassy on purpose to have a fun dialogue. The day I think someone gets butt hurt too easy I will just not respond to them. 

Pretty simple. Lots of good info here and a great opportunity to have fun with each other. 

Didn't help me.  I don't comprehend what this has to do with the topic at all.  But, whatever.

The temple and knowing that I am a Child of God with infinite worth :)   I struggle with the Social side of Church as its pretty non existent in the UK and i'm a very social person so it can be quite lonely sometimes, I have more non member friends, then member ones, that said some people in Relief Society have been very kind to me :)

Edited by An Investigator

Guest MormonGator
24 minutes ago, An Investigator said:

The temple and knowing that I am a Child of God with infinite worth :)   I struggle with the Social side of Church as its pretty non existent in the UK and i'm a very social person so it can be quite lonely sometimes, I have more non member friends, then member ones, that said some people in Relief Society have been very kind to me :)

Same down south. You'll find a lot of members who are much older and it can be very hard to find common ground with them.