On 6/4/2018 at 2:14 AM, pwrfrk said:

Actually, guys, that person is myself.  Sometimes I don't have enough money to wash clothes.  My shower is a 20 ounce soda bottle.  It's a brutal life,  but I've had worse.

Luxury.  I have to bathe with an old soda can filled with creek water every day.  I wash my clothes by standing on them while I bathe and letting my creek water rinse them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ZDB9h7BLY

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, pwrfrk said:

Sometimes I get to think that I should have been a write for the ABC Special "What Would You Do" with Don Quinonias, with some of the crazy stuff I think up.

But some of it really isn't crazy.  Some of it is very real.  Think about this one-

You have a fella coming to church.  Everyone knows him, he's friendly, usually happy and he's familiar with the Gospel and Teachings.  However, he's not a member.

Somedays he comes to church with an odor.  Well, it maybe he hasn't changed clothes, or done laundry.  Sometimes not even bathed.  Who knows the reason.

But do you have a problem sitting next time him in sacrament or sunday school?  What goes through your mind when you two meet?

the same thing that goes through my mind when i have to be in someone's special presence; "--- they could use a bath" ya i'd have a problem; i have hard time with strong odors in general.

9 hours ago, NightSG said:

The $5 1-gallon pump sprayer from WalMart works quite well if you take the spray wand off the valve.

Did that for a few months.

So, I've been following this girl living off-grid in Wisconsin.  She has to carry her water from her neighbor's barn's spigot into her off-grid home.  She has a 35-gallon tank and she says she lives on that water for a couple of weeks, if I understood her correctly.  That's drinking, cooking, washing dishes, etc.  But she showers at the gym.  

12 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

(cough cough) We're in Utah.

(cough cough HAAAAAAACK cough) and we're Mormon.

IOW likely chance.

I’m in Vegas ;) but when I was in Utah, there were 300+ active Mormons with access to the internet in a square mile radius.

We have like 20 active members on this forum ;)

13 hours ago, zil said:

:hmmm:

Square, then divide, then Pi(R2).

One square mile as radius is 1 mile.  Thus 3.14159265359(1SQ) = 3.14159265359 square miles.

Active members versus trolls and lurkers.  Which is one reason I'm secretive about the video I shared (proving I have and do shower with a 20 oz. soda bottle).  Except now I have a 1/2 gallon pump sprayer I converted.  It helps a lot.  Speaking of which, I'm gathing funds to pick up a replacement trailer.  The massive cloudburst back in June did some damage to my trailer.  Not asking for any, but if anything prayers would help a lot.  Prayers always help.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:06 AM, anatess2 said:

So, I've been following this girl living off-grid in Wisconsin.  She has to carry her water from her neighbor's barn's spigot into her off-grid home.  She has a 35-gallon tank and she says she lives on that water for a couple of weeks, if I understood her correctly.  That's drinking, cooking, washing dishes, etc.  But she showers at the gym.  

Assuming she also drinks primarily from other sources, I could see that.