I want to sleep nakieeee

dddd

Ponder on what has been explained to you and you have experienced in the endowment. Pray ask God, look for the principles in the scriptures that can give guidance into this issue. The bishop of your local ward has also been set apart to guide the flock, you can always seek his guidance.

The short answer most will tell you is "no". Just going with that answer though robs someone of seeking out personal revelation on the issue. Also the way the question has been asked makes it seem like a troll or someone who has not been through the endowment is asking.

Edited by Crypto

7 hours ago, dddd said:

Please respond this is a real question

If this is a real question, why would you use a silly jocular term such as "nakieeee"?  Be mature enough to use a technically correct word such as "naked" and you may actually understand the counsel you've already been given on the topic.

Edited by Guest

You have agency.   This means you absolutely can sleep nakieeee (or how ever else you might want)

You have been to the temple and have received instructions on what the Lord would like you to do.

So the real question is Who/what are you going to follow?  Of course you can absolute ask the Lord for help in understanding why you have been so instructed and its application to you.

God is the great defender of Agency.  He is also the great Law-giver... the two are not contradictory.  You have agency to follow or not.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

If this is a real question, why would you use a silly jocular term such as "nakieeee"?  Be mature enough to use a technically correct word such as "naked" and you may actually understand the counsel you've already been given on the topic.

Wow judge much. I posted this question earlier but in a more mature tone and no one replied. Unfortunately we've all been conditioned to respond to shock value on the internet. Which obviously...you replied.

Edited by dddd

27 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

You have agency.   This means you absolutely can sleep nakieeee (or how ever else you might want)

You have been to the temple and have received instructions on what the Lord would like you to do.

So the real question is Who/what are you going to follow?  Of course you can absolute ask the Lord for help in understanding why you have been so instructed and its application to you.

God is the great defender of Agency.  He is also the great Law-giver... the two are not contradictory.  You have agency to follow or not.

Obvioualy i have angecy and. Could murder someone if i wanted. I never had temple prep classes and so I wasn't sure which was protocol. Hence i asked

7 hours ago, Crypto said:

The short answer most will tell you is "no". Just going with that answer though robs someone of seeking out personal revelation on the issue. Also the way the question has been asked makes it seem like a troll or someone who has not been through the endowment is asking.

Ok...just wanted to know because i am not going to play magic 8 ball and try to receive personal revelation on something that has direct protocol. That's advised against. I didn't know. I had no temple prep classes and limited opportunity to go to the temple endowment.

29 minutes ago, dddd said:

Wow judge much. I posted this question earlier but in a more mature tone and no one replied. Unfortunately we've all been conditioned to respond to ahock value on the internet. Which obviously...you replied.

I'm afraid you have me at a loss.  I have no idea what "ahock" is.

1. It's a fair question, even if your posting and rhetorical style is turning a lot of people off here.
2. It's hard to google up a relevant answer on temple-related questions like this.
3. When it comes to temple-related questions, a better source of answers will be your bishop, or ministering folks, or buddy in your home ward a bit more experienced.
4. All that said, no, it's not ok to sleep without the garment.  That would be a violation of the covenant you made in the endowment.  Think of the four "S" words: Swimming, sports, showers, sex.  If you're not doing one of these, your garments should be on.

Happy being endowed!

[edit: I suppose it's possible to be doing more than one of those at the same time.]
[edit two: It may have been possible for me at one time to do three at the same time, but I'm afraid I'm not that young any more.]

Edited by NeuroTypical

43 minutes ago, dddd said:

I posted this question earlier but in a more mature tone and no one replied.

No one replied because the post never showed up, and still doesn't.  You might be able to see it as its author, but none of the rest of us can.  Next time, instead of assuming no one is answering your post, open another browser where you're not logged in to the web site (or just log out) and see if the post is there when you're not logged in.  Then you'll know whether it's there and everyone's ignoring it, or whether there's a problem with the post.

Meanwhile, Handbook 2, available to all members:

Church members who have been clothed with the garment in a temple have taken upon themselves a covenant obligation to wear it according to the instructions given in the endowment. The garment provides a constant reminder of the covenants made in a temple. When properly worn, it provides protection against temptation and evil. Wearing the garment is also an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior.

Endowed members should wear the temple garment both day and night. They should not remove it, either entirely or partially, to work in the yard or for other activities that can reasonably be done with the garment worn properly beneath the clothing. Nor should they remove it to lounge around the home in swimwear or immodest clothing. When they must remove the garment, such as for swimming, they should put it back on as soon as possible.

https://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2-administering-the-church/selected-church-policies?lang=eng#21.1.42

There were specific instructions given to you prior to the endowment session the first time you went through. @zil has posted the handbook 2 reference regarding what those instructions were like.

They are not up for interpretation, and are very black and white. Hopefully that helps with the question you have, or any others regarding how to wear the garment. 

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

4. All that said, no, it's not ok to sleep without the garment.  That would be a violation of the covenant you made in the endowment.  Think of the four "S" words: Swimming, sports, showers, sex.  If you're not doing one of these, your garments should be on.

I think its' funny you had to include showering...

27 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

I think its' funny you had to include showering...

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

1. It's a fair question, even if your posting and rhetorical style is turning a lot of people off here.
2. It's hard to google up a relevant answer on temple-related questions like this.
3. When it comes to temple-related questions, a better source of answers will be your bishop, or ministering folks, or buddy in your home ward a bit more experienced.

Happy being endowed!

[edit: I suppose it's possible to be doing more than one of those at the same time.]
[edit two: It may have been possible for me at one time to do three at the same time, but I'm afraid I'm not that young any more.]

Thank you!!! Exactly my point. I did not want to Google it (anti alert)  and I don't want to ask male leadership in my ward because that seems provocative. And my ministers are unendowed women. 

I just am really defensive about my garments. I probably wear them even in times when I could not 'reasonably do" something with it on (missionary handbook, anyone?) But the missionary handbook is the only thing I have had and it's unclear what applies to missionaries and what doesn't.

And I see a lot of men hiking or playing sports with shirts off or bro tanks which seems unnecessary. And sister that seem like they don't even bring their garments on a vacation or trip lol. 

Point being I see all of these active members taking off their garments in public but I can't do it in private? I'm fine with protocol but I didn't know it.

2 hours ago, zil said:

No one replied because the post never showed up, and still doesn't.  You might be able to see it as its author, but none of the rest of us can.  Next time, instead of assuming no one is answering your post, open another browser where you're not logged in to the web site (or just log out) and see if the post is there when you're not logged in.  Then you'll know whether it's there and everyone's ignoring it, or whether there's a problem with the post.

Meanwhile, Handbook 2, available to all members:

https://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2-administering-the-church/selected-church-policies?lang=eng#21.1.42

I'm new to this site so sorry. I can't even figure out how to edit or delete this posting otherwise I would have. Gosh tho people are acting like they just swallowed a lemon. I don't know why that wording causes such a buzz. it's like the time that there was a big controversy on BYU campus over whether they should permit Naked Juice to be sold in the vending machines because it has the word naked in it. Maybe I could stand to grow up but gosh so could the rest of ya's.

2 hours ago, BeccaKirstyn said:

There were specific instructions given to you prior to the endowment session the first time you went through. @zil has posted the handbook 2 reference regarding what those instructions were like.

They are not up for interpretation, and are very black and white. Hopefully that helps with the question you have, or any others regarding how to wear the garment. 

Don't tell me that I'm the first person to tell you that there's a lot to take in when you get endowed. I mean please. Literally the only thing I remember was the Matron telling me that she was not going to tell me how to wear my underwear and telling me how much she loved sister missionaries and loves being a mission mom.

1 minute ago, dddd said:

Don't tell me that I'm the first person to tell you that there's a lot to take in when you get endowed. I mean please. Literally the only thing I remember was the Matron telling me that she was not going to tell me how to wear my underwear and telling me how much she loved sister missionaries and loves being a mission mom.

Well now you know. 

Here is your answer:

"It is expected that members will wear the garment both night and day, according to covenants made in the temple.  Members should not adjust the garment or wear it contrary to instructions in order to accommodate different styles of clothing, even when such clothing may be generally accepted.  The garment should not be removed either entirely or partially, to work in the yard or for other activities that can reasonably be done with the garment worn properly beneath the clothing.

Members who have made covenants in the temple should be guided by the Holy Spirit to answer for themselves personal questions about wearing the garment.  These sacred covenants are between the member and the Lord, and the proper wearing of the garment is an outward expression of an inner commitment to follow the Savior Jesus Christ."

I agree with Omega.  The answer to your question  is do not sleep naked if you are endowed.