I want to sleep nakieeee

dddd

26 minutes ago, dddd said:

Don't tell me that I'm the first person to tell you that there's a lot to take in when you get endowed. I mean please. Literally the only thing I remember was the Matron telling me that she was not going to tell me how to wear my underwear and telling me how much she loved sister missionaries and loves being a mission mom.

Yes, there was a lot of symbolic doctrine to take in, which we continually go back to relearn. The garment instructions are laid out first so it can be clearly listened to, but if you forget them they're in handbook 2 which was conveniently referenced by @zil, as I said earlier.  And like @omegaseamaster75 said, now you know. 

Just now, BeccaKirstyn said:

Yes, there was a lot of symbolic doctrine to take in, which we continually go back to relearn. The garment instructions are laid out first so it can be clearly listened to, but if you forget them they're in handbook 2 which was conveniently referenced by @zil, as I said earlier.  And like @omegaseamaster75 said, now you know. 

That's great. Next time I'll go to the handbook now that I have it, but I've just been surprised at the shaming attitudes people have on this site for lack of knowledge.

Just now, dddd said:

That's great. Next time I'll go to the handbook now that I have it, but I've just been surprised at the shaming attitudes people have on this site for lack of knowledge.

Who is shaming you? Remember that the context of this forum is through messages, and emotions can be misinterpreted. 

I served my mission in Puerto Rico - had a missionary that would take off his garment top in his sleep because he was hot.  He always felt guilty when he would wake up with it off.  Eventually he got use to it - I thought it was kind of funny.

You will get use to it - keep at it.  

From a practical perspective, I advise against sleeping nude.  Should a house/apartment fire or other sudden emergency happen, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to waste precious time dressing. 

Any opinions on sleeping "Mormon naked" in just garments?

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, seashmore said:

From a practical perspective, I advise against sleeping nude.  Should a house/apartment fire or other sudden emergency happen, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to waste precious time dressing. 

That's actually a good point. One I didn't think of. 

I keep a bathrobe on the door in case that happens. 

1 hour ago, seashmore said:

Any opinions on sleeping "Mormon naked" in just garments?

There are apparently some health benefits to sleeping in the buff, which is why I wondered, because I sleep in a room with no AC and used to do it all the time before my mission.

Edited by dddd

On 6/9/2018 at 12:18 AM, dddd said:

There are apparently some health benefits to sleeping in the buff, which is why I wondered, because I sleep in a room with no AC and used to do it all the time before my mission.

Have you considered asking your bishop? Ultimately, nobody is going to tell you you can't - You made a commitment and you have to decide the best way to live that commitment. Ultimately, none of us can tell you how to live up to the covenants you made or where you're at with those.

Hope it helps. :)

24 minutes ago, FunkyTown said:

Have you considered asking your bishop? Ultimately, nobody is going to tell you you can't - You made a commitment and you have to decide the best way to live that commitment. Ultimately, none of us can tell you how to live up to the covenants you made or where you're at with those.

Hey!  You’re back! :D 

On 6/8/2018 at 6:18 PM, dddd said:

What health benefits?  I have never been able to comfortably sleep naked. To me it seems a bit unsanitary. Your stuff is all over sheets without a layer between. I mean what if you bare-butt cut the cheese on your bed?  Just seems like an accident waiting to happen. I don't know, I suppose if you enjoy it then by all means but I would be paranoid about legion attacking me while I slept XD.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, FunkyTown said:

Funkytown!!!   Well isn't this an awesome blast from the past!!!

Just now, FunkyTown said:

I missed here. -.-

Well I've missed you and have thought of you frequently over the years.  I mean that.  Still in the UK?

1 minute ago, pam said:

Well I've missed you and have thought of you frequently over the years.  I mean that.  Still in the UK?

I am! Not only that, but I am currently having my hands full getting a double major in Education/Data Analytics combined with my Teaching Degree(As part of my Education degree).

They're even talking of having me on as a lecturer afterwards! Eee!

How have things been? :)

4 minutes ago, FunkyTown said:

I am! Not only that, but I am currently having my hands full getting a double major in Education/Data Analytics combined with my Teaching Degree(As part of my Education degree).

They're even talking of having me on as a lecturer afterwards! Eee!

How have things been? :)

That's awesome.  Sounds like things are going great for you.    For me...well as you can see I'm still here and getting older.  :)  

On 6/22/2018 at 4:32 AM, FunkyTown said:

"See". I was invisible for 3 years. It was a curse given me by a homeless witch who asked to stay in my home.

Thank you for bringing up the painful reason I was gone for so long!😭

I see. Would you like to share more about this experience?