Given some prophecies...have I missed my chance for marriage?

I was given two prophecies regarding my marriage...one that I would meet my spouse after a mission. The other my Stake president said he felt prompted to tell me as I considered going on a mission: That I would meet my husband in the field; that he'd be a missionary. The two seemed to conflict! And the second one upset me he would tell me that because at the time I had a bf and also meeting boys who would be 4-5 years younger than me was not my motivation for going. But because of what he said I was very obedient on my mission to the no flirting rule because I never wanted anyone to think I had started an inappropriate relationship in the field. So naturally I didn't get a ton of attention from Elders.

Since coming home I've gone on a date with one or two but we didn't click either time. The rest of my dating pursuits have gone worse than I imagined. I felt like I was doing the best I knew how.

Is it possible I've missed my chance to get married in this life since the windows of time have both passed?

4 hours ago, dddd said:

I was given two prophecies regarding my marriage...one that I would meet my spouse after a mission. The other my Stake president said he felt prompted to tell me as I considered going on a mission: That I would meet my husband in the field; that he'd be a missionary. The two seemed to conflict! And the second one upset me he would tell me that because at the time I had a bf and also meeting boys who would be 4-5 years younger than me was not my motivation for going. But because of what he said I was very obedient on my mission to the no flirting rule because I never wanted anyone to think I had started an inappropriate relationship in the field. So naturally I didn't get a ton of attention from Elders.

Since coming home I've gone on a date with one or two but we didn't click either time. The rest of my dating pursuits have gone worse than I imagined. I felt like I was doing the best I knew how.

Is it possible I've missed my chance to get married in this life since the windows of time have both passed?

My brother-in-law's sister is a gorgeous woman, smart and successful. She didn't get married till she was in her early thirties.  I figure she was a bit intimidating for most guys.  She finally met mr. right and they are are happily married.

And honestly, I would completely ignore those two "prophecies."  I tend to think they weren't prophecies.  Focus on enjoying life.  Have fun.  Have fun dates..   Keep up the good attitude, smile...  you'll find a good man.

7 hours ago, dddd said:

I think it is a real stretch to call what you SP said a prophecy.  I would not worry about that, it is something that he wanted for you and the idea felt good to him but that doesn't make it a prophecy. That isn't even an area he is entitled to get revelation on.   The only things I would count as revelation when it comes to this would be what your patriarchal blessing says and and what you yourself get in terms of personal revelation.

Also, whatever has gone on in your life and whatever choices you have made are things God already knew would happen before you born, so any revelation from him takes that into account.  As long as you are doing your best to live the gospel it will happen.  Perhaps not when or how you expect, but have faith.  You may not want to hear this, but after a mission could mean after serving a mission as a senior sister missionary, or some other kind of mission besides a full time church mission.

Do your best to follow Christ and let God worry about the details of the things you can't control.

13 minutes ago, Latter-Day Marriage said:

.  You may not want to hear this, but after a mission could mean after serving a mission as a senior sister missionary, or some other kind of mission besides a full time church mission.

I didn't wanna say this but yes the first one was my PB and it gives a pretty specific time which has now passed. Because it was a specific time frame I had a lot of anxiety and I wondered if I ruined it because I've exhausted all my avenues.

1 minute ago, dddd said:

I didn't wanna say this but yes the first one was my PB and it gives a pretty specific time which has now passed. Because it was a specific time frame I had a lot of anxiety and I wondered if I ruined it because I've exhausted all my avenues.

It comes down to interpretation, and time may change how you understand your PB.  It also may be that you have met the person you will marry, perhaps just in passing and some time down the road you will cross paths again and start a relationship then.  Or perhaps somebody you've met will go through a personal change and become somebody you are interested in.  I'm pretty sure you have met some men between getting back from your mission and now.  Have faith, do your best and watch God do his wonders.

4 minutes ago, Latter-Day Marriage said:

It comes down to interpretation, and time may change how you understand your PB.  It also may be that you have met the person you will marry, perhaps just in passing and some time down the road you will cross paths again and start a relationship then.  Or perhaps somebody you've met will go through a personal change and become somebody you are interested in.  I'm pretty sure you have met some men between getting back from your mission and now.  Have faith, do your best and watch God do his wonders.

I really hope so!! Thank you

10 hours ago, dddd said:

No, and those were not prophecies. honestly.....live your life, pray often, go to church, fulfill your callings and don't be a social hermit you will find the right guy.

In regards to your Patriarchal Blessing: these are always true but our understanding of them sucks until 20-20 hindsight.  And even then human 20-20 hindsight sucks compared to God's view.  I remember a General Authorities talk* wherein he said "My Patriarchal Blessing describe how I would be blessed with wonderful daughters.  Well, my wife and I had seven sons and zero daughters.  I was confused with this line in my blessing.  Then one day, at a family reunion, I watched all my daughter-in-laws doing such wonderful things with my sons, my miraculous granddaughters and grandsons.  And I realize that I had indeed been blessed with a multitude of wonderful daughters."

Moral for dddd's life: trust in God.  He knows what's going on.  Your PB may not make a lot of sense to you right now, but God knows what's going down.

14 hours ago, dddd said:

I am very happy you came to the Forum. Life can be very hard post mission. I am not sure how long you have been back but I wouldn't worry too much about not being married yet. I saw your age in another topic somewhere on the site. You are still VERY young but it warms my heart that you are all geared up and ready to marry. Don't dismay and don't lose hope. I am sure with your recent dating sadness your heart is feeling pretty bruised at the moment. Your blessings will come, your service in the field was not overlooked. Your obedience to mission rules wasn't a waste AND Yes, good LDS guys do exist. You will be noticed in due time.

Keep your covenants, keep your faith and keep your chin up.  Also don't sleep "nakieee" lol.  You need your holy protection to keep you safe from evil and give you good dreams ( totally made up the dream part) It won't be long before you share in the company of a loving, righteous, husband. Then you can be nakieee for as long as you guys can stay awake.

DON'T BE DISMAYED

Also your Patriarchal Blessing can change depending on circumstances. On your choices AND others. Madame... please don't get defeated. My Parents were/are LDS. One was killed soon after I was born, the other and my siblings fell away from the Church and I was too young to know the difference.  My life is my life but why do you think I am so fond of Mormons? I basically am one; my parents are sealed. My dead parent's patriarchal blessing reads they would have a long life. My brother read that to me with tears in his eyes. He was SO mad... I keep their blessing with me, I have the original. I hold it dearly and as a sacred document subject to change.

Let your pain flow out, talk to the bishop, talk to your Mother or trusted friends. Don't let doubt creep in and don't stop going to church. You will be rewarded for remaining pure, doing your duties and keeping yourself busy.

Remember to pray, always. Don't be afraid to ask for blessings of comfort from your Father or other trusted priesthood holders you know.

Also please stick around the Forum, I enjoy your posts and look forward to any other insight you have on future topics.

On 6/8/2018 at 1:44 AM, dddd said:

These blessings should be general. They are human, seek personal revelation even if you find contradiction. I know many that human errors when things get too specific