World Cup

JayKi

On 6/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, Lee said:

To my shame I forgot the Danish were at the World Cup I will be supporting Denmark as well as England. 

After the Costa Rica shambles my enjoyment of tournament relies on England 

15 hours ago, JayKi said:

I was so happy Argentina lost! I hate Argentina I celebrate they lose like Costa Rica win world cup. 

I love Messi!  (Of course.  He's Barca after all).  He didn't work his bum off, though.  It's like he lost his desire for the cup.  Of course, it didn't help that Caballero did such a dumb move.

7 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I love Messi!  (Of course.  He's Barca after all).  He didn't work his bum off, though.  It's like he lost his desire for the cup.  Of course, it didn't help that Caballero did such a dumb move.

He at least played for the team unlike Neymar who plays for himself but no one but Argies like Argentina

Guest LiterateParakeet

Iceland!!!  

This is my first time following the World Cup, and their first time qualifying. They're the smallest country  (population wise) to qualify AND I have been to Iceland and loved it. 

My second pic, England because that's where my ancestry is.   

Edited by LiterateParakeet

4 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Iceland!!!  

This is my first time following the World Cup, and their first time qualifying. They're the smallest country  (population wise) to qualify AND I have been to Iceland and loved it. 

My second pic, England because that's where my ancestry is.   

Ah they play now and if they win then Argentina are basically out no mathematically but realistically no. I am supporting Iceland today  :) 

3 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Oh man, Nigeria beat us (Iceland).  Bummer!  

But they performed well. 

It's amazing how this team came out of Iceland which has a population of just a little over 300 thousand.  If the commentators are to be believed, Argentina has a larger pool of quality soccer players than there are people in Iceland!

Guest LiterateParakeet
26 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

But they performed well. 

It's amazing how this team came out of Iceland which has a population of just a little over 300 thousand.  If the commentators are to be believed, Argentina has a larger pool of quality soccer players than there are people in Iceland!

Wow, I hadn't heard it put THAT way!  Pretty cool.  

4 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Oh man, Nigeria beat us (Iceland).  Bummer!  

Iceland can still go through if they win by 3 goal (unlikely) and Nigeria and Argentina draw. My team Costa Rica are already out :( so now I just support England and any team playing a hispanic team

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

But they performed well. 

If you assume half are men then 150,000 and then half men are between 16-40 75,00 that is all they had to select from is incredible they make it to world cup. 

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, JayKi said:

Iceland can still go through if they win by 3 goal (unlikely) and Nigeria and Argentina draw. My team Costa Rica are already out :( so now I just support England and any team playing a hispanic team

Costa Rica is out?  Darn, I didn't realize.  Thats one of the teams I was cheering for.  Go Ticos! 

Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

Costa Rica is out?  Darn, I didn't realize.  Thats one of the teams I was cheering for.  Go Ticos! 

Yes the players were disgrace I am so ashamed of the performance we are laughing stock of Central America  :(