Understanding the Will of God

tjutah2016

recently I life hasn't really been that great. There has been a lot of things I have been praying about. For example. School. Saving up to go to college. I've only finished one year of college. I had to stop for a bit because I didn't have to funds to continue. I've been praying and the only prompting I get is to save money. Just when I had enough to pay tuition I get a major concussion that results in a hefty medical bill and now my savings are gone. I prayed about it again so I started saving up again. but Once again as soon as I got enough to for college. I break some equipment at work that I have to pay for myself. That was just last month. now my savings are drained again.

This has been similar with dating. I pray about a girl Ive been going out with and I feel great about her. I go to the temple, pray there and I still feel great. But It never goes anywhere. I feel like I listen to the Lord a lot and follow what I believe is his promptings only to be lead time and time and time again to the same pathway that is blocked by massive gate. Ive recently felt like God has been mocking me. Sending me these good feelings about these girls even though he knows it won't work out. Or that he waits right until Im ready to spend money on college to send a disaster and destroy that thought. I Don't know maybe Im just being so negative. I just feel like The Lord knows exactly what it is I want and need, but for some reason He holds it back.

I just don't understand Ive done everything Ive been asked to. Fullfilled my calling and invited people to church/institute and yet I don't see any blessings. even says have Patience but how can I have patience if nothin has changed in the past 5years? Id not really know what I am asking here. but if y'all have any advice I would really appreciate it. thanks y'all 

@tjutah2016 That doesn't sound like the Lord is mocking you in my opinion. 

You got the impression to save money--you thought it was for college. Well, the Lord saw something different. He saw that you'd have to pay some serious medical bills in the future. So He told you to save. And you did, and you were blessed because of it.

You got the impression to save money again--and again you thought it was for college. Well, the Lord saw something different. He saw you would use your agency to accidentally break something (not on purpose), and thus would need that money to replace that item. You were blessed by saving money through following the Lord's promptings.

This is a matter of giving your will over to the Lord. You have expressed your needs and desires in this post, as I'm sure you have expressed to The Father. But what you're missing is your willingness to let go of your will and follow the Lord's plan for your life. You've been doing it in your actions (by following promptings) but you need to do it with your heart as well (by not being upset when things don't go the way you wanted them to).

He is looking out for you--that can't be denied because you've seen it! He blessed you in so many circumstances. Maybe not the ones you were hoping for,  but He has blessed you. Have the faith that He will grant you the desires you seek, but continue to accept His will for your life. 

Edited by BeccaKirstyn

https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/student-finance/how-much-does-it-cost-study-germany

Here's something you might not be aware of: Germany offers free schooling for international students(And local students) as a cultural exchange. They do degrees - Taught in English, if you want - that you could go to and finish. All you need to do is save enough money to be able to go there and live while you complete your degree.

You do not have to be an EU citizen. This is open to Canadians and Americans as well.

And it's cheaper than attending Uni in your own country. Maybe you were supposed to study abroad?

Welcome, @tjutah2016!

I know your experience seems like repeated disappointment or failure, but @BeccaKirstyn nailed it.  You have been given an opportunity to recognize that when you choose the follow the promptings of the Spirit, the Lord helps you to prepare for future trials.  Many of us don't learn this lesson until much, much later in life.

It's very difficult to detach the guidance we receive from our expected outcome.  We're usually praying for the outcome, so when we get guidance, we assume it will lead us to the outcome.  But I'm seeing more and more (from the lives around me) that this isn't usually the case.  Usually guidance is just enough to lead us one step forward on the path the Lord would have us travel - which may or may not lead to our desired outcome.

You should still plan.  You should still seek the Lord's guidance as you plan, and confirmation of your finalized plans.  You should continue to trust in the guidance you receive (honestly, it sure seems like you've got this down).  And you should learn to trust that even if the end result isn't what you expected, you are still in the Lord's hands - so keep trusting, and keep doing as guided.

I suggest pondering this perspective some, and having a conversation about it with the Lord to see what else he might want to teach you in this area.  I wish you all the best, and hope that once this lesson is learned, the Lord will help you along new and interesting paths.  Stick around (if you feel so inclined) and let us know how it's going.

Others have talked about the money issue and nailed it...  Because you followed the prompting about money you were covered for your money needs.  Even though that was not what you wanted...

Take the same idea to your dating life.  You are out and you are dating and you are learning and growing.  That is all good.  You want to be married that is also good.  You are learning new things from each of these young women.  Things you will need to know and be ready for at some future point.

Yes it is frustrating when things do not happen as you expect them to... but have faith that the Lord knows what he is doing and is giving/preparing you for exactly what you are going to need.