The Man Shack

Overwatch

Such a nice Friday. I hope everyone else has had a good or decent one as well. I am about to start reading The Book of Mormon again from the beginning. Guys, among all my crappy shortcomings is dreading reading the scriptures over and over again.

I invest myself too deep at times Lol. I feel the pain of the people as if it is still present (just one example) I feel my own pain too and frustrations. Like how the Book of Mormon is full of the accounts of secret combinations. How these gangs almost wiped out the nephites and how they caused the Jaredites to crumble. Even in the Bible... I don't know... the whole account of King David. How he was the apple of the Lord's eye and he fell from exaltation.

Oh my heart bleeds during that story. So many emotions from seeing David working so hard, being brave, rising like a burning Sun. Then becoming King rising late in the day, avoiding war, lusting after AND taking his servant's wife.. my heart breaks when Uriah, not even an israelite but by marriage lives among them, arrives to king David and refuses to go home when the king orders him. He expresses to the king that he doesn't feel right enjoying the comforts of home when his new kinsmen are at war. He sleeps in the barracks instead. What a man! What a true brother! Then the king sends him to the front line on purpose so he dies. orders them to attack a city wall. Which causes the death of Uriah and several warriors including an officer of high rank.

I feel the pains of hell and the could have been. My burning Sun, my inspirational brother... sigh. He not only loses exaltation but pays dearly with the death of a new born babe, death of a rebellious handsome son and the defilement of his concubines. Ugh...

But there is also the good. It is hard to see sometimes. The world we live in is very evil. We live in the world that would kill the Savior.  We live in a world where murder is rampant and immorality has spread and is festering like an infection. I just have to remember that it is all just a test. Everything taken away, lost or missed out on (that is righteous) will be given to us on the end IF/when we remain faithful and loving to our last mortal breath. When I say loving I don't mean weak or passive. Some saints have dispositions for sweet gentle love, others have tough loyal love. Many more personalities too.

Anyway, lots of reading to do.

On 6/23/2018 at 11:28 AM, Overwatch said:

Saturday cleaning and ran into our awards. I am very proud of Queen for her YW awards and also of myself for completing my Eagle 

Awards.jpg

Wow!  Congrats!

My son is soooo close to his Eagle.  He's making toy boxes for the children's hospital and he's got one activity with the scouts to work on assembling all this wood that he has pre-cut and then another activity with the YW to paint the boxes and then he's DONE DONE DONE!  Whew!  That took a loooooong time!

Now on to the second son...

20 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Wow!  Congrats!

My son is soooo close to his Eagle.  He's making toy boxes for the children's hospital and he's got one activity with the scouts to work on assembling all this wood that he has pre-cut and then another activity with the YW to paint the boxes and then he's DONE DONE DONE!  Whew!  That took a loooooong time!

Now on to the second son...

Nice! I am so proud of him too. It really was worth all the hard work, I am sure he will feel the same way. Thank you for supporting him

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

Time to enjoy our independence from the Queen. No taxation without representation!  Although I feel like we have taxes on everything now even death :P

What are you guys grilling up?  Please feel free to share and post pics!

@Magus

and this is for everyone not just Magus.

Abuse is NEVER acceptable, especially physical. We have a situation here where Magus is being treated very abhorrently by his spouse. She is even shaming him for wearing his garments!!! So what is she going to do if you wear your garments? Cheat on you? I mean why is she is even mentioning her sex drive being affected by you choosing to wear your garments?  That is manipulation and very disgusting. The fact that she is hitting you means that you are already past the red zone and in the black. In the military that is the lowest you can go. You guys are rock bottom. 

At this point something needs to change drastically. You can't hit her ever again, next time she hits you, you need to leave the house and call the cops. You may need to get some cameras installed in the living areas "public" so that you can capture the abuse. You need to make a family plan for your two children. Find someone who can watch them if ever you need to have your spouse arrested. Before a new fight erupts you need to go to therapy. Have a guardian already picked out before you go though. By law therapists have to act when patients inform them of abuse, suicide, basically anything resulting in significant harm to an individual. You need to be honest and make a plan with your therapist to positively cope with stress and turn this sinking ship to safety. DIVORCE may be the best choice for the children with you at full custody. She can help the family by going to work. Her abusive ways will have to be proven in court so make sure you get the evidence you need by: recording, calling cops and having them photograph your bruises, scratches, cuts, and having a couples or individual therapist treatment records. Build your case and hire a good lawyer IF your marriage is beyond resuscitation.