Do you need tithe if you in debt?

JayKi

5 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I think he already knew the answer, he's just trying to wiggle his way out of it at this point. 

You wrong why you think this of me? Is no nice. 

5 hours ago, MormonGator said:

And the fact that he knows his bishop will lecture him proves that he knows it's wrong. Your bishop doesn't lecture you for doing the right thing, so....

No I live with him so is no just the Bishop lecture but also my uncle lecture 

Guest MormonGator
30 minutes ago, JayKi said:

You wrong why you think this of me? Is no nice.

I'm not nice. 

30 minutes ago, JayKi said:

No I live with him so is no just the Bishop lecture but also my uncle lecture 

Right, and they only lecture you when you do something wrong. No one says "I'm worried my bishop will lecture me because I told him I'm faithful to my husband and pay all my tithing." You worry someone will lecture you when you do something wrong. 

8 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I'm not nice. 

Right, and they only lecture you when you do something wrong. No one says "I'm worried my bishop will lecture me because I told him I'm faithful to my husband and pay all my tithing." You worry someone will lecture you when you do something wrong. 

You wrong because if someone else he will help them as Bishop. But with me he will help me as Bishop but then lecture me about taking high interest loan as my uncle. 

8 hours ago, JayKi said:

You wrong because if someone else he will help them as Bishop. But with me he will help me as Bishop but then lecture me about taking high interest loan as my uncle. 

Your uncle is wearing two hats in relation to you - Uncle and Bishop. I think that's pretty normal with anyone. If you find his advice when he is your Bishop acceptable but not acceptable when he is your Uncle, then ignore the Uncle and listen to the Bishop.

M.

On 6/13/2018 at 4:06 PM, JayKi said:

ok

After 35 years of tithing I draw only SS disability that I have already paid tithe on and a trustee says he has to approve further debt. I have a lawsuit against prior employer over working with non compete at attorney advice. Employer froze $200000 retirement. And refused to obey ada. Living on food storage and relatives and the only way to pay tithing is violate bankruptcy. I have Lupus and can not do anything. New young bishop says pray and follow the spirit. Hoping to win big and owe tithing. Should you pay tithing on social security you paid in. That would be double tithing and bring blessings but if you don't have it and doctor is afraid you could die ??????

On 6/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, Maureen said:

Your uncle is wearing two hats in relation to you - Uncle and Bishop. I think that's pretty normal with anyone. If you find his advice when he is your Bishop acceptable but not acceptable when he is your Uncle, then ignore the Uncle and listen to the Bishop.

M.

All experts and self reliance classes said never do predatory high interest loans for any reason

• 5 weeks later...

What I found is when I always pay tithe, no matter what, God will stand by me, so long as I am doing what is right.  Opportunities to make life better may not be the greatest, but they will be there.  And in a worse case scenario where you need help, share your concerns with your Bishop, and he will guide you.  Instead, trying to find a justification for not paying tithes is dishonest.  I suggest that you go read Gospel Principles, lessons 32, 35, 31, & 26.  In that order.  Then pray about it.

51 minutes ago, pwrfrk said:

What I found is when I always pay tithe, no matter what, God will stand by me, so long as I am doing what is right.  Opportunities to make life better may not be the greatest, but they will be there.  And in a worse case scenario where you need help, share your concerns with your Bishop, and he will guide you.  Instead, trying to find a justification for not paying tithes is dishonest.  I suggest that you go read Gospel Principles, lessons 32, 35, 31, & 26.  In that order.  Then pray about it.

In the end my uncle gave me money and then I tithed so it was okay in the end. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
4 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

Of course you're not.  You're a lizard.  Lizards are cold blooded. 

You should see us in the swamp. 

UnfinishedSociableBackswimmer-small.gif

Edited by MormonGator