Tattoo

Maize

9 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Holding an opinion against tattoos isn't disrespecting their right to their choices.  It's expressing an opinion.  Sometimes people argue back because a) this is an Internet forum and that's how it works and b) who wouldn't want to try and change his mind by providingntheir own view?

In any case, @Overwatch does not owe anybody's choices his respect.  

Thanks Uni

I realize this is an LDS forum but sometimes I think people want others just to be all sugar and spice. Jesus, The Christ, kicked vendors out of the temple, healed on the sabbath. People hated him because he was straight up. He told things how they were. Didn't he even have a parade at the same time as a Roman official's? (When he came in on the Donkey)

Anyway, I hope others understand even if i disagree on one thread I will support them on other topics when I agree with their views.

...Back to the Monday grind

12 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Holding an opinion against tattoos isn't disrespecting their right to their choices.  It's expressing an opinion.  Sometimes people argue back because a) this is an Internet forum and that's how it works and b) who wouldn't want to try and change his mind by providingntheir own view?

In any case, @Overwatch does not owe anybody's choices his respect.  

There's a difference between respecting [the right to choose] versus [a specific choice].  The former ought to be respected.  Indeed, it is the thing we fought a war to preserve.  The latter is not necessarily worthy of any respect at all.  Depending on the details, it may be worthy of the greatest respect, neither respect nor condemnation, the greatest condemnation, or something in between.

15 minutes ago, zil said:

There's a difference between respecting [the right to choose] versus [a specific choice].  The former ought to be respected.  Indeed, it is the thing we fought a war to preserve.  The latter is not necessarily worthy of any respect at all.  Depending on the details, it may be worthy of the greatest respect, neither respect nor condemnation, the greatest condemnation, or something in between.

You said it better than I did.

Full disclosure, I don't agree with @Overwatch on this issue.  I just get where he's coming from.

1 hour ago, unixknight said:

You said it better than I did.

Full disclosure, I don't agree with @Overwatch on this issue.  I just get where he's coming from.

*Gasp* The nerve Haha

No worries. It's cool, you still make room for my opinion.

This topic is rough. Many times I have refused coffee from friends and they ask why and I explain sometimes. Then we can have tattoos...

I really appreciate you hearing my side too