Midwest LDS

Justice Kennedy stepping down

Recommended Posts

And Trump has been appointing Constitutionalist lower court judges left and right.

Now, if only Americans will give him the filibuster proof Senate that he needs to get these appointees approved without the “You’re a racist, sexist, bigot, Nazi” circus!

Edited by anatess2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am concerned that should the “left” loose both houses of congress, the white house and the supreme court (and the federal courts as well) – that they may come to believe that the only way for them to be heard would be civil war.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Traveler said:

I am concerned that should the “left” loose both houses of congress, the white house and the supreme court (and the federal courts as well) – that they may come to believe that the only way for them to be heard would be civil war.

 

The Traveler

You're, of course, assuming that there are a ton of these "leftists" that feel this way.  The Democrat Party is draining support like a sieve.  They just lost Crowley to an avowed Communist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Traveler said:

I am concerned that should the “left” loose both houses of congress, the white house and the supreme court (and the federal courts as well) – that they may come to believe that the only way for them to be heard would be civil war.

Why would that concern you?  It's not exactly like the more radically left you get, the better you get at shooting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You're, of course, assuming that there are a ton of these "leftists" that feel this way.  The Democrat Party is draining support like a sieve.  They just lost Crowley to an avowed Communist.

I'd call that a shift in support, not a drain. One thing on which Dems and Trumpers can agree is that there is some draining of the swamp that needs to be done. Granted, we have very different ideas of what that entails, but I see Crowley's loss as a step towards that end. I worry about the lack of experience and abundance of idealism of his would-be successor, but I do think it's time to bring in some fresh blood on our side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Godless said:

I'd call that a shift in support, not a drain. One thing on which Dems and Trumpers can agree is that there is some draining of the swamp that needs to be done. Granted, we have very different ideas of what that entails, but I see Crowley's loss as a step towards that end. I worry about the lack of experience and abundance of idealism of his would-be successor, but I do think it's time to bring in some fresh blood on our side. 

You're bringing fresh blood who runs on Democratic Socialism who can't even define Democratic Socialism.  A staggering number, especially minorities, decided to #Walkaway.

Edited by anatess2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You're bringing fresh blood who runs on Democratic Socialism who can't even define Democratic Socialism.  

So is she a democratic socialist or a communist? Which is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@anatess2  and @NeuroTypical 

I like to learn from history – I believe if you want different results than what has happened in the past you will need to do something differently.  I would remind @anatess2 that the Nazis in Germany never had majority support – their support was always less than 50% of the Germans that voted.  My point is – war is not so much about numbers as it is power and ability to advance an agenda. 

One of the biggest mistakes in pre WWII Germany was the failure to recognize problematic red flags.  Joseph Goebbels, used violence during the early political campaigns involving the Nazis.  He called first for demonstrations directed at any and all political opponents – then, to make demonstrations more effective, he called for violence and destruction of property.   I would also point out that the Nazis always blamed their political opposition for the violence that they initiated.  The Nazis opposed every effort by any political opposition regardless of its merits but on the principle that if it was not initiated by the Nazi party it was to be opposed - there were no party cross-over votes --- ever.

I am not saying that political conservatives are angles.  I am suggesting that the ultra-liberal political movement in the US is similar to the Nazis.  Keep in mind that the Nazis were not conservatives – they were national socialists – Liberals that wanted government control and regulation controlling all social activities, including health care, education, religious influence in government, business and industry.  Also any government agency (especially any law enforcement agency – like ICE) that the Nazis did not or could not control – they called for the dismissal and end of that agency and the permanent removal from government service of all the management of that agency – because according to the Nazis – for being unjust or ineffective.

 

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Traveler said:

@anatess2  and @NeuroTypical 

I like to learn from history – I believe if you want different results than what has happened in the past you will need to do something differently.  I would remind @anatess2 that the Nazis in Germany never had majority support – their support was always less than 50% of the Germans that voted.  My point is – war is not so much about numbers as it is power and ability to advance an agenda. 

One of the biggest mistakes in pre WWII Germany was the failure to recognize problematic red flags.  Joseph Goebbels, used violence during the early political campaigns involving the Nazis.  He called first for demonstrations directed at any and all political opponents – then, to make demonstrations more effective, he called for violence and destruction of property.   The Nazis opposed every effort by any political opposition regardless of its merits but on the principle that if it was not initiated by the Nazi party it was to be opposed - there were no party cross-over votes --- ever.

I am not saying that political conservatives are angles.  I am suggesting that the ultra-liberal political movement in the US is similar to the Nazis.  Keep in mind that the Nazis were not conservatives – they were national socialists – Liberals that wanted government control and regulation controlling all social activities, including health care, education, religious influence in government, business and industry.  Also any government agency (especially any law enforcement agency – like ICE) that the Nazis did not or could not control – they called for the dismissal and end of that agency – for being unjust or ineffective.

 

The Traveler

From my side of the aisle, I see an alarming number of parallels between what you just described and the current state of the GOP.

Support from a minority of the population? Check. It's an undisputed fact that Trump lost the popular vote by no small margin. Meanwhile, gerrymandering gives a disproportionate red tilt to our congressional elections. 

Violent rhetoric against the opposition? Check. Yes, the left is guilty of this as well, though arguably to a lesser extent. It becomes more of a concern to me when it comes from the people currently in power. That's probably the most alarming difference I see between Trump's America and Obama's. Trump won the election, the GOP holds both houses of Congress, yet the GOP is still brazenly lashing out against anything and anyone that doesn't fit the Trump agenda. There's a victim complex in America's ruling party that reads very dangerously like the beginnings of American fascism. 

Undermining law enforcement agencies? Check. Trump has damaged the public's faith in institutions like the FBI and DoJ to the extent that he could, if the need arose, break every rule of law and check on power that our Constitution has in place and the GOP would cheer him for it. As for ICE, they appear to be taking on the role of Gestapo with Trump's attempt to remove due process from our immigration policy. 

You see Nazis on the left, I see Nazis on the right. One side currently controls every sector of our government but one, the Supreme Court. And they may get that soon too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Traveler said:

@anatess2  and @NeuroTypical 

I like to learn from history – I believe if you want different results than what has happened in the past you will need to do something differently.  I would remind @anatess2 that the Nazis in Germany never had majority support – their support was always less than 50% of the Germans that voted.  My point is – war is not so much about numbers as it is power and ability to advance an agenda. 

One of the biggest mistakes in pre WWII Germany was the failure to recognize problematic red flags.  Joseph Goebbels, used violence during the early political campaigns involving the Nazis.  He called first for demonstrations directed at any and all political opponents – then, to make demonstrations more effective, he called for violence and destruction of property.   I would also point out that the Nazis always blamed their political opposition for the violence that they initiated.  The Nazis opposed every effort by any political opposition regardless of its merits but on the principle that if it was not initiated by the Nazi party it was to be opposed - there were no party cross-over votes --- ever.

I am not saying that political conservatives are angles.  I am suggesting that the ultra-liberal political movement in the US is similar to the Nazis.  Keep in mind that the Nazis were not conservatives – they were national socialists – Liberals that wanted government control and regulation controlling all social activities, including health care, education, religious influence in government, business and industry.  Also any government agency (especially any law enforcement agency – like ICE) that the Nazis did not or could not control – they called for the dismissal and end of that agency and the permanent removal from government service of all the management of that agency – because according to the Nazis – for being unjust or ineffective.

 

The Traveler

And BOOM... Another American just compared the USA with its US Constitution and Federal and State Governments to Nazi Germany.

You guys seriously need to recalibrate your patriotism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godless said:

From my side of the aisle, I see an alarming number of parallels between what you just described and the current state of the GOP.

Support from a minority of the population? Check. It's an undisputed fact that Trump lost the popular vote by no small margin. Meanwhile, gerrymandering gives a disproportionate red tilt to our congressional elections. 

Violent rhetoric against the opposition? Check. Yes, the left is guilty of this as well, though arguably to a lesser extent. It becomes more of a concern to me when it comes from the people currently in power. That's probably the most alarming difference I see between Trump's America and Obama's. Trump won the election, the GOP holds both houses of Congress, yet the GOP is still brazenly lashing out against anything and anyone that doesn't fit the Trump agenda. There's a victim complex in America's ruling party that reads very dangerously like the beginnings of American fascism. 

Undermining law enforcement agencies? Check. Trump has damaged the public's faith in institutions like the FBI and DoJ to the extent that he could, if the need arose, break every rule of law and check on power that our Constitution has in place and the GOP would cheer him for it. As for ICE, they appear to be taking on the role of Gestapo with Trump's attempt to remove due process from our immigration policy. 

You see Nazis on the left, I see Nazis on the right. One side currently controls every sector of our government but one, the Supreme Court. And they may get that soon too. 

This is what happens when you live in the world of American MSM.  You get blinded by so much partisanship you actually start believing fairy tale reality.

Undermining law enforcement?  Like... Sanctuary Cities?  And pandering to illegal immigrants?  THAT law enforcement?

Support from a minority population?  A 2.1% margin on an election run on electoral vote campaign strategies is a minority population?

The GOP lashing out against anything that doesn't fit the Trump agenda?  Really?  You know this guy named Paul Ryan?  You know he's GOP?  How about Bush/Romney/McCain?  Sound familiar?  You know they're GOP as well?

Violent rhetoric against the opposition?  Like this?

 

Edited by anatess2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Godless said:

So is she a democratic socialist or a communist? Which is it? 

She's a communist who thinks she's a Democratic Socialist.  She's that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

She's a communist who thinks she's a Democratic Socialist.  She's that stupid.

What documentation do you have to support the claim that she's a communist?

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm genuinely curious about your reasoning that she's a communist, not a Democratic Socialist. They're a tough lot to pin down because they often have to downplay the "socialist" bit in order to be taken seriously by establishment Dems. Alexandria doesn't seem to be doing that, and I think it's causing a crisis of definitions for people in both parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

And BOOM... Another American just compared the USA with its US Constitution and Federal and State Governments to Nazi Germany.

You guys seriously need to recalibrate your patriotism.

The same Constitution that had to be amended to recognize black people as people, give them and women the right to vote, and failed to stop the violent displacement of America's indigenous people, racial segregation, and Japanese internment camps? Our system of government is one of the best in the world, but it's not fascism-proof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Godless said:

What documentation do you have to support the claim that she's a communist?

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm genuinely curious about your reasoning that she's a communist, not a Democratic Socialist. They're a tough lot to pin down because they often have to downplay the "socialist" bit in order to be taken seriously by establishment Dems. Alexandria doesn't seem to be doing that, and I think it's causing a crisis of definitions for people in both parties.

Oh my goodness where to start...

How about GUARANTEED jobs and housing and healthcare and education and paid family and sick leave for everyone (I'm sure I missed a whole lot more free stuff) doled out BY GOVERNMENT...

And, of course, there's the brain-dead abolish ICE and borders campaign platform. 

Combine those 2 together to get the disastrous new face of the Democrat Party as the university-trained millennials throw out the old democrat guard for fresh new SJW faces in a new party of Feels without Reals.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 3:43 PM, Traveler said:

I am concerned that should the “left” loose both houses of congress, the white house and the supreme court (and the federal courts as well) – that they may come to believe that the only way for them to be heard would be civil war.

 

The Traveler

You don't have to worry. They are actually not as many as you think. They just scream the loudest and make a scene over everything. I'd be more concerned about them leaking information to our national enemies.

With that being said I am not greedy, penny pinching far right and I am not rage screaming left. 

Winds are about to change. The far left are telling people to go get married and get IUDs because they fear homosexual marriage and abortions will become illegal soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Godless said:

The same Constitution that had to be amended to recognize black people as people, give them and women the right to vote, and failed to stop the violent displacement of America's indigenous people, racial segregation, and Japanese internment camps? Our system of government is one of the best in the world, but it's not fascism-proof. 

Oh wow.  Point by point copypasta of the propaganda material of the Moveon.org ilk.

The Democrats FOUGHT A WAR AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION to keep their slaves.  Or did you forget which flag flew to abolish slavery?

I don't even know why I, a Filipino, am defending America against an American.  Like I said, you need to seriously recalibrate your patriotism.

 

Edited by anatess2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

How about GUARANTEED jobs and housing and healthcare and education and paid family and sick leave for everyone (I'm sure I missed a whole lot more free stuff) doled out BY GOVERNMENT..

Housing and feeding our poor isn't a bad thing. However there needs to be limits and actual progress to prevent Dole Families from being established. Generations of people being caught on the Dole instead of improving and getting out.

 

45 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

And, of course, there's the brain-dead abolish ICE and borders campaign platform

USA should be open to all people willing to come and contribute to our nation. This would not be a problem if we weren't so packed with everything else. We need to reorganize our structure starting with clearing out our jails (This also involves termination of murderers rather than "punishing" them for life, it's too expensive) For lesser crimes they need to be put to work making the states money and then released with the work load progressively getting larger each time an offense is committed. Children need their parents. We are seeing that the live fast die young mentality isn't working, people are NOT dying as fast and families are getting screwed over by bad parenting. No family financial plan and kids thinking that as soon as they graduate they ALL will be getting good jobs. WRONG. Once the American family is reestablished with positive societal norms then we can tackle things like: Proper immigration procedures for new comers, crack down Vice Lords (Drugs, prostitution, illegal sales, etc.) Progress in Mental health, expansion to fit growing population, Farming restructure, alternative fuel sourcing. The list goes on and on. Everyone who owns this land will serve the Lord or will be wiped off. It has already been decreed. We need to get back to the basics and rebuild the family.   

45 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Combine those 2 together to get the disastrous new face of the Democrat Party as the university-trained millennials throw out the old democrat guard for fresh new SJW faces in a new party of Feels without Reals.

They will either conform to reality that individual responsibility must prevail and government can't supply everything or they will die fighting a pointless war. We have seen this throughout history, even the Nephites had this in the Book of Mormon with the Freeman and King men. The King men lost as they were trying to take away the judges out of the land. God will protect this land in the end, we just have to do all we can in the meantime to prevent wickedness from prevailing. 

As Christians we need to Stop trying to be "cool" and get everyone to like us. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Jesus was perfect and people still killed him. Considering no one else is a demigod/or God, I think it is safe to say it is okay for us to embrace that WE ARE DIFFERENT! We can be loving while also being steadfast in what we believe. We can all continue doing what we can at home and directly in our home wards. Once the saints are taken care of and we are good then we can AS WARDS move on to our communities. Get our house stable first to get our house (USA, individual countries and our World) stable next and so on.

Being honest and realistic: This is a test and evil will exist as long as selfishness prevails in the hearts of men. This life is an uphill battle and will end once we take our last breath. Before then we fight each day to get better and look forward to the future. HEALTHY FAMILIES are the key even into Eternity. Isn't that the end desire of the righteous? "Peace in this life and Eternal life in the life to come"

 

 

Edited by Overwatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now