Worried about past misconduct being church record.

CACO12

Hello! After receiving my mission call I made a terrible mistake and engaged in unchaste relations with my girlfriend. I approached my bishop to speak to him about it and then met with my Stake President who ultimately concluded that I would not serve at that time and would wait a year to be able to fully repent before going on my mission. Years later it is troubling me weather or not it is visible on my church records. I was not disfellowshipped or anything. Would my current leadership be able to see that my mission call was postponed for a year and for the reason? Would there be an annotation on my record? 

I don't believe so.  Annotations are for people like child molesters and violent felons and such.  It is possible for a bishop to indicate that a new bishop should call him, but that's usually reserved for stuff more serious than sinning and repenting.  That said, you should fully disclose everything to your new bishop.  I pretty much guarantee he's heard such things before - he is in a good position to help you.

I mean, if you're trying to get around the one year wait by 'ward hopping' and hoping your new bishop won't find out, then you've got some fairly serious issues.  Yeah, you should fully disclose everything to your new bishop.

48 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I mean, if you're trying to get around the one year wait by 'ward hopping' and hoping your new bishop won't find out, then you've got some fairly serious issues.  Yeah, you should fully disclose everything to your new bishop.

Why does he need to disclose something to his bishop that he's repented of and worked out with a previous bishop years ago? 

1 hour ago, BeccaKirstyn said:

Why does he need to disclose something to his bishop that he's repented of and worked out with a previous bishop years ago? 

If he hadn’t repented. For example. Bishop 1 says “you can’t serve a mission for a year.” Then Caco12 moves to another ward . He should tell his bishop of his struggle.

13 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Annotations are for people like child molesters and violent felons and such.

^^^ This.
@CACO12 it is not on your record.

Here are the some of the things that do remain on your record, none of which you have mentioned. Church's website: Church Discipline

Will the discipline remain part of their Church record?

For most disciplinary actions, no record of the discipline is retained once the person has been restored to full fellowship. Following restoration after loss of membership, a new membership record is created with the original dates of baptism and other ordinances, with no record of the loss of membership.

In some cases, including domestic abuse, incest, sexual or physical abuse of a child, plural marriage, predatory activities or embezzlement of Church funds, a permanent annotation remains on the record of the individual to ensure they are never again in a position to harm another.

Your feeling of the lingering annotation that will haunt you for the rest of your life can be put to rest, it simply is not the case. Your current Bishop is unaware of your past unless you bring it up to him. Enjoy a little weight off of your shoulders. Head high brother.

14 hours ago, CACO12 said:

Hello! After receiving my mission call I made a terrible mistake and engaged in unchaste relations with my girlfriend. I approached my bishop to speak to him about it and then met with my Stake President who ultimately concluded that I would not serve at that time and would wait a year to be able to fully repent before going on my mission. Years later it is troubling me weather or not it is visible on my church records. I was not disfellowshipped or anything. Would my current leadership be able to see that my mission call was postponed for a year and for the reason? Would there be an annotation on my record? 

You have nothing to worry about.