On 7/12/2018 at 1:57 PM, Overwatch said:

You most likely won't get excommunicated, just being straight up. Unless of course your Bishop feels strongly you should be.

I hate to nitpick, but I feel I should comment here.

The Bishop doesn't  make that call.  If the issue is serious enough that something like excommunication or disfellowshipment is on the table, then it goes to the Stake level, at which point a Disciplinary Council is convened.  The Bishop will be present, but not as a decision maker.  If anything, he's there to provide moral support to the person who is the subject of the council.  After talking with the individual, the members of the council will talk, pray, and come up with a decision on what the next step is for the repentance process.  

Later, when the person has been on the path of repentance and is ready to have their membership fully restored, another Disciplinary Council is convened and the person's membership is restored, if the council agrees that the time is right.  Again, not the Bishop's call.

22 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I hate to nitpick, but I feel I should comment here.

The Bishop doesn't  make that call.  If the issue is serious enough that something like excommunication or disfellowshipment is on the table, then it goes to the Stake level, at which point a Disciplinary Council is convened.  The Bishop will be present, but not as a decision maker.  If anything, he's there to provide moral support to the person who is the subject of the council.  After talking with the individual, the members of the council will talk, pray, and come up with a decision on what the next step is for the repentance process.  

Later, when the person has been on the path of repentance and is ready to have their membership fully restored, another Disciplinary Council is convened and the person's membership is restored, if the council agrees that the time is right.  Again, not the Bishop's call.

Things only go to the stake level if the person in question is a priesthood holder.  The OP here is female, so it does not.  This issue already been settled too:

On 8/7/2018 at 12:28 PM, Returninghome said:

UPDATE: I met with my bishop and spilled my guts the very first time meeting him.  It was.... not fun but not as awful as I expected (telling my deepest secret to a man I met only moments before was uncomfortable to say the least).  He was understanding and kind-exactly how I imagine the Lord being.  He asked for some time to be prayerful of my situation to know what route needed to be taken (if a court needs to be held or not- on a ward level.  He was leaning toward this option).  I met with him again a few days later and he asked me some more questions and details.  He decided an informal probation would be an appropriate route to go.  I got the go ahead to start wearing my garments again whenever I feel okay doing so.  I can take the sacrament again after my informal probation time and then we will discuss the temple! Thanks for your continued support!

Edited by Jane_Doe

Just now, MormonGator said:

Why is that? Just asking, nothing more.   

(Answer that Jane is given, but doesn't make a ton of sense to her)

Because the person is a Melchizedek priesthood holder and it must be resolved by the local leader of the Melchizedek priesthood.  The bishop is the local head of the Aaronic priesthood. 

2 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

(Answer that Jane is given, but doesn't make a ton of sense to her)

Because the person is a Melchizedek priesthood holder and it must be resolved by the local leader of the Melchizedek priesthood.  The bishop is the local head of the Aaronic priesthood. 

In addition, the bishop is the presiding high priest of the congregation and has keys of leadership and judgment over all in his ward. Note that the bishop can and does enforce discipline such a taking a temple recommend and even disfellowshipping a Melchizedek Priesthood holder. But my understanding is that in matters pertaining to the membership rights of a Priesthood holder, that must be decided by his Priesthood quorum leader who holds these keys. For Aaronic Priesthood holders, this is also the bishop, since he holds these keys for all Aaronic Priesthood quorums. For Melchizedek Priesthood holders, this is the stake president, not the bishop or elders quorum president.