Do you think this is acceptable to do with fiancee?

JayKi

10 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

@JayKi I am sorry that you had to sleep on the floor for two nights! So glad that you are still temple worthy. So all is well!

I was happy to be able to keep the tradition for my fiancee and I love that i see her in morning :). But my back made me realise I am no as young anymore 

18 minutes ago, FunkyTown said:

Right. That still doesn't answer my question: Which culture is it where you have to sleep on the floor under a blanket, touching each other before you get married?

I don't know maybe Bribi or Boruca. My fiancee is Mulatto but the tradition is from indigenous tribe but I don't know which one my fiancee has some blood from. I descendent of Spanish invader my fiancee is mix of that and one indigenous group

15 minutes ago, JayKi said:

My fiancee is Mulatto

FYI: In the racial hypersensitivity of the English-speaking world, the word "mulatto" is generally frowned upon and even considered offensive by some. (Of course, many ninnies are offended by pretty much any word, including "ninnies" and, probably, "word".) I believe "mixed-race" is a more preferred term. I do realize that "mulatto" has a more specific meaning than simply mixed race, but there you go.

2 minutes ago, Vort said:

FYI: In the racial hypersensitivity of the English-speaking world, the word "mulatto" is generally frowned upon and even considered offensive by some. (Of course, many ninnies are offended by pretty much any word, including "ninnies" and, probably, "word".) I believe "mixed-race" is a more preferred term. I do realize that "mulatto" has a more specific meaning than simply mixed race, but there you go.

As a mulatto myself I say pox to those who get offended by a WORD and use mulatto anyway.  Life is much simpler that way.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

In Costa Rica is no offensive even politician use it. i didnt mean to offend

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Vort said:

Of course, many ninnies are offended by pretty much any word

I've noticed that people love to call others "thin skinned" and easily offended-but then turn into sniveling babies if anyone says anything about their favorite band, religion, ethnicity, hair color....

6 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I've noticed that people love to call others "thin skinned" and easily offended-but then turn into sniveling babies if anyone says anything about their favorite band, religion, ethnicity, hair color....

I don't like when people call me spic because I find offensive. But in Costa Rica is not offensive to say Mulatto. 

42 minutes ago, JayKi said:

I always thought Polynesian is Filipinas. 

Filipinos are mutts.  There's no such thing as "pure Filipino".  And there's not really a "Black Filipino" like they have Black Americans.  What they consider "black" are darker-skinned Filipinos - more Malay/Polynesian in coloring than European.  So, if you are one of those darker-skinned Filipinos, you are called a mulatto.  If you are a lighter-skinned one then you are called mestizo.  I'm smack-dab in the middle.  So unless I use one of those very popular skin-whitening products in the Philippines, I'm considered mulatto, especially due to my beach obsession.

Edited by anatess2

41 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

How DARE you!

26 minutes ago, Vort said:

You sire, are the awesomest gentleman on the planet.  I've never heard/seen that clip and you just added more gems to my and my children's lives.  I am willing to put up with my kids now singing this song over and over for the next few weeks just for the pleasure of discovering this gem once.

2 hours ago, JayKi said:

I don't like when people call me spic because I find offensive. But in Costa Rica is not offensive to say Mulatto. 

Which is a slur.  But so is "beanner".  Well....my grandfather, who was white, was a beanner.  He picked beans for a living when he was younger.  He didn't care, he did what he had to so he would have money coming in.  It's all a matter of how it's used. 

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

You sire, are the awesomest gentleman on the planet.  I've never heard/seen that clip and you just added more gems to my and my children's lives.  I am willing to put up with my kids now singing this song over and over for the next few weeks just for the pleasure of discovering this gem once.

Camelot is not my favorite musical, but I do like it. Actually achieves being quite sad without being maudlin.

1 hour ago, pwrfrk said:

Which is a slur.  But so is "beanner".  Well....my grandfather, who was white, was a beanner.  He picked beans for a living when he was younger.  He didn't care, he did what he had to so he would have money coming in.  It's all a matter of how it's used. 

I never heard that until now but it sound like one of those word that offend some and dont offend other. 

6 hours ago, JayKi said:

I don't know maybe Bribi or Boruca. My fiancee is Mulatto but the tradition is from indigenous tribe but I don't know which one my fiancee has some blood from. I descendent of Spanish invader my fiancee is mix of that and one indigenous group

Maybe you should find out what culture your fiancee is from before you marry her. I can't find anything suggesting that's a marriage ritual for the two tribes you mentioned.

I'd suggest talking to your fiancee more. If you don't know even the name of the culture she comes from, it suggests you don't know her well enough to marry her. Just.. Take some time getting to know her. Look up marriage rituals for that tribe and try to include her culture in it. Were I a suspicious man, I would think this wasn't a real thing, but I am not and so I think you should try to learn more about your fiancee's culture.

5 minutes ago, FunkyTown said:

Maybe you should find out what culture your fiancee is from before you marry her. I can't find anything suggesting that's a marriage ritual for the two tribes you mentioned.

I'd suggest talking to your fiancee more. If you don't know even the name of the culture she comes from, it suggests you don't know her well enough to marry her. Just.. Take some time getting to know her. Look up marriage rituals for that tribe and try to include her culture in it. Were I a suspicious man, I would think this wasn't a real thing, but I am not and so I think you should try to learn more about your fiancee's culture.

We have so many different indigenous tribe in Costa Rica and it could even be Panamanian tribe. I think now for her is distant from tribe is just little blood and traditions have been passed to her. She mainly behave like white Costa Rican so is fine.