Woman Buys Ring for $13, Wears It Daily. Thirty Years Later, Learns It’s Worth over $300,000

Still_Small_Voice

The four C’s of diamonds are cut, clarity, carat, and color. All are important aspects of a diamond to evaluate before purchasing.  Carefully going over these aspects of a diamond ensure quality and beauty that will dazzle for years to come. But maybe something else should be considered.  A fifth C that is often overlooked (unless you’re the one footing the bill) is cost.

A London woman thought she had a bargain when she purchased a ring for $13 at a car-boot sale, but she never would have guessed that a $13 investment would have such an exponential return.  Shopping at West Middlesex Hospital in London in the 1980s, a woman stumbled upon a piece of costume jewelry that caught her eye.

Read more at:  https://www.westernjournal.com/l/maddymoser/woman-buys-ring-13-wears-daily-30-yrs-later-floored-secret-hiding-along/

It's pretty crazy that she thought the diamond was a fake and it ended up being worth more than the current value of my house I live in.  It would be nice to come upon a cache of treasure like this but I am not expecting it in my life.  Diligent savings and wise handling and investments build wealth.

• 2 weeks later...

At 26 carats there is no way I would ever think it was real... and I would have done the same thing she did and just wore it for 30 years.  Except I doubt I ever would have brought it in to be appraised at all - I would still be cluelessly wearing it.  :)

(Except I'm not a big fan of gaudy, flashy or big jewelry so I actually would *not* be wearing it... but you get what I mean!)

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Still_Small_Voice said:

The four C’s of diamonds are cut, clarity, carat, and color. All are important aspects of a diamond to evaluate before purchasing.  Carefully going over these aspects of a diamond ensure quality and beauty that will dazzle for years to come. But maybe something else should be considered.  A fifth C that is often overlooked (unless you’re the one footing the bill) is cost.

A London woman thought she had a bargain when she purchased a ring for $13 at a car-boot sale, but she never would have guessed that a $13 investment would have such an exponential return.  Shopping at West Middlesex Hospital in London in the 1980s, a woman stumbled upon a piece of costume jewelry that caught her eye.

Read more at:  https://www.westernjournal.com/l/maddymoser/woman-buys-ring-13-wears-daily-30-yrs-later-floored-secret-hiding-along/

good investment.