Man shot and killed during Sacrament meeting

pam

Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

Yes, you two would get along great.  My husband would love a small farm.  But since he can't do that, he raises rabbits....I try to tell him he shouldn't eat CUTE things.  LOL

Rabbits are AWESOME!  Great prepper food.  Low fat, but I love them stir-fried with rice, egg, onion, and peas.  They renew quickly, too.  

Guest LiterateParakeet
3 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Rabbits are AWESOME!  Great prepper food.  Low fat, but I love them stir-fried with rice, egg, onion, and peas.  They renew quickly, too.  

Yeah, you and my husband would get along great, LOL! 

Guest LiterateParakeet
7 hours ago, Grunt said:

Hopefully he isn't as senseless as I am.

LOL...well, my opinion on that might vary depending on the day and the topic we are discussing.   :D  

This is sort of an "off the record" statement, hardly a prophetic utterance binding on the church, but Joseph Smith apparently had some strong feelings about things too:

"Peace be still, bury the hatchet and the sword, the sound of war is dreadful in my ear. [But] Any man who will not fight for his wife and children is a coward and a bastard."
-- Joseph Smith Jr., journal entry, January 29, 1843. Source: "An American Prophet's Record: The Diaries and Journals of Joseph Smith," 1989, p. 298

Ayers said her father had an endearing struggle to transition from a flip phone to a smartphone, but that changed once he discovered emojis.

"Every text message he sent was all emojis," she said. "We'd have to try to break down the text messages one emoji at a time. We all finally got fluent in dad's emoji-speak."

:(

On 7/24/2018 at 10:17 AM, mirkwood said:

Alma 48:14 Now the Nephites were taught to defend themselves against their enemies, even to the shedding of blood if it were necessary;

The Book of Mormon was written for our day! 

Alma 34:45 Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church.

46 And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God; for the Lord had said unto them, and also unto their fathers, that: Inasmuch as ye are not guilty of the first offense, neither the second, ye shall not suffer yourselves to be slain by the hands of your enemies.

47 And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.

I wander if the Nephites took this policy a little too far? I'm not saying they did, I'm just asking the question.

Mormon 6:10  And it came to pass that my men were hewn down, yea, even my ten thousand who were with me, and I fell wounded in the midst; and they passed by me that they did not put an end to my life.
11  And when they had gone through and hewn down all my people save it were twenty and four of us, (among whom was my son Moroni) and we having survived the dead of our people, did behold on the morrow, when the Lamanites had returned unto their camps, from the top of the hill Cumorah, the ten thousand of my people who were hewn down, being led in the front by me.
12  And we also beheld the ten thousand of my people who were led by my son Moroni.
13  And behold, the ten thousand of Gidgiddonah had fallen, and he also in the midst.
14  And Lamah had fallen with his ten thousand; and Gilgal had fallen with his ten thousand; and Limhah had fallen with his ten thousand; and Jeneum had fallen with his ten thousand; and Cumenihah, and Moronihah, and Antionum, and Shiblom, and Shem, and Josh, had fallen with their ten thousand each.
15  And it came to pass that there were ten more who did fall by the sword, with their ten thousand each; yea, even all my people, save it were those twenty and four who were with me, and also a few who had escaped into the south countries, and a few who had deserted over unto the Lamanites, had fallen; and their flesh, and bones, and blood lay upon the face of the earth, being left by the hands of those who slew them to molder upon the land, and to crumble and to return to their mother earth.

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, askandanswer said:

I wander if the Nephites took this policy a little too far? I'm not saying they did, I'm just asking the question.

Mormon 6:10  And it came to pass that my men were hewn down, yea, even my ten thousand who were with me, and I fell wounded in the midst; and they passed by me that they did not put an end to my life.

Yes, but keep i mind that at this point  the people had become wicked...Mormon says their wickednessled to their destruction. 

That isn't the same as defending yourself from a threat.