Pineapples on Pizza?

Guest MormonGator

22 hours ago, Vort said:

Absolutely. One of my favorite mission stories in Italy involve me buying a can of crushed pineapples, taking it to a pizzeria, and asking for a ham margherita with the pineapples on top. They thought I was insane. When the pizza came out of the oven, literally every waiter in the place came to watch. No one accepted my offer of trying a piece, though.

And yes, it was just as awesome as you might think.

Here's the funniest video you're likely to see all week, and on this very topic.

Neapolitans take their pizza seriously...

I had a similar reaction the last time I ordered a frosty and was asked "what flavor". I haven't been allowed in a Wendy's since.

I would say this about pineapple of pizza - some pizza with pineapple but not to be mixed with just any pizza toppings.   I would add that grilling with pineapple - especially chicken and salmon with teriyaki sauce is a treat I enjoy.  But I have learned that not everyone in this world has identical tasting genetics.  I cannot stand the bitterness of chocolate mint - A lot of other people must be tasting something very different than me.

The Traveler

13 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Sheer evil. Very disappointed in you @Traveler. I expected more. 

I do not know if this will help - but I have been genetically engineered to be unlike anyone else - I am truly unique and in reality cannot be categorized by things like taste of foods - my genetic engineering is logic based so - rather than taste I am attracted to nutritional value in foods.  Since I am logical based with little capability in emotions - emotional types will categorize and fear me as sheer evil.  -- Which I have logically determined to be a compliment from such a source.

The Traveler 

1 hour ago, john4truth said:

This is a dangerous outsider. Don't let him see the guns.

If guns are the extent of your armaments - I am not concerned and do not care to see them.  I have never understood obsession with guns - unless someone is a hunter or wants to shoot at targets - otherwise a gun is just a good way to get someone killed.  If you want to stop an assault - I would suggest starting with RPG's.

As a side note - this Sunday I had my #2 son and his family over for his birthday and dinner.  I grilled up the sautéed salmon with pineapple.  I also grilled up mixed vegies and mushrooms (with a touch of olive oil and my secret herb mix and a touch of fresh pineapple juice).  Of course being a scientist I have a few grilling tricks.  My son, who is an amateur gourmet cook said it was the best meal he had ever had in whole life - wow that was a surprise.  His fussy kids took seconds and another son that showed up because he is now single and shows up a lot for food.  But son #3 does not like fish (or any sea food) also took seconds and said my salmon does not count as fish.

Now I will admit the pizza is just about the cheapest substitute for food anyone can buy and is a poor method of mixing semi good tastes - however, when done right pineapple will improve certain pizzas but when it comes to grilling - if you do not use pineapple - it has to be because you do not know how and/or have never tasted it done right.  If you want a grilled hamburger to be remembered try some fresh pineapple juice - but please if you are going to grill with cheese - don't use cheddar - that is so not the best cheese on a burger or hardly anything else and perhaps now is the time to upgrade to a more enjoyable lifestyle. 

The Traveler

• pam unfeatured this topic