Should we ban Mormongator for liking KISS?

mirkwood

Should we ban Mormongator for liking KISS?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we ban Mormongator for liking KISS?

• Yes
    • Yes

When I think of KISS and what they wear I'm reminded of Isaiah 3: 18 - 26

18  In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,
19  The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,
20  The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
21  The rings, and nose jewels,
22  The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,
23  The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.
24  And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.
25  Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.
26  And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.

8 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

@classylady Should we ban Classy Lday for liking Lionel Richie? 😱 Having typed that dreaded singer’s name I now have to wash my iPad. 

I can’t help liking Lionel Richey. His songs bring back so many memories of old boyfriends.  Ssh! Don’t tell Classygent what I just told you. 😊

On 8/9/2018 at 4:32 AM, Sunday21 said:

@classylady Should we ban Classy Lday for liking Lionel Richie? 😱 Having typed that dreaded singer’s name I now have to wash my iPad. 

Being serious for a moment. We all feel a little superior about our music preferences. And, I admit that many years ago I probably would not have admitted that I liked Lionel Richie’s music. Now, I’m too old to care anymore about what other’s think about my taste in music. Music is powerful. And, it can be enriching or negative, or not much of anything.

And, all I know is that whenever I hear Lionel’s song “Three Times a Lady”, I can instantly go back in time to sitting in the car driving down the freeway in Southern California, with my head resting on my guy friend, and this song came on the radio, and I knew this relationship was not going any where. I was sad, but at the same time not heart-broken, even though we loved each other.

Music can help imprint certain events in our minds.  I have similar imprints with other Lionel Richie songs like Sail On, and Still. And other groups such as The Doobies, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Earth Wind and Fire, the Osmonds (gasp! another group I would have never admitted to liking back in my teen years)— some of their songs can all bring back strong emotions and clear memories. 

On 8/12/2018 at 3:15 AM, classylady said:

Being serious for a moment. We all feel a little superior about our music preferences. And, I admit that many years ago I probably would not have admitted that I liked Lionel Richie’s music. Now, I’m too old to care anymore about what other’s think about my taste in music. Music is powerful. And, it can be enriching or negative, or not much of anything.

— some of their songs can all bring back strong emotions and clear memories. 

My kids don't like today's pop music.  This morning was First Day of School and so my husband and I drove both my boys to school.  We turned on the radio to the pop station for traffic report and they yelled out, NOOOOOO.  They took over the car stereo and played Space Oddity.  Man, I love my kids.  I love that they play songs that bring me those silly teen-age memories.  Hah hah.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:11 AM, mirkwood said:

Should we ban him?

UH OH... I am in trouble.........

I like them too?!

But before you ban me as well..... perhaps sent me a little prayers.........

because some of those tunes from the '70's are getting me worked up and I want to start a kerfuffle.......

Andrew Scheer, I am willing to take on either M. P. Sean Fraser or M.P. Bill Casey.

politicalforum.

com/index.php?threads/andrew-scheer-i-am-willing-to-take-on-either-m-p-sean-fraser-or-m-p-bill-casey.539570/

Wow... I was trying to kill the link...... but it kind of comes back again and again and gain??????

Guest MormonGator
12 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

I like them too?!

Always good to see another Kiss fan! Nice to meet you my friend! 

6 hours ago, DennisTate said:

I like them too?!

But before you ban me as well..... perhaps sent me a little prayers.........

because some of those tunes from the '70's are getting me worked up and I want to start a kerfuffle.......

Andrew Scheer, I am willing to take on either M. P. Sean Fraser or M.P. Bill Casey.

politicalforum.

com/index.php?threads/andrew-scheer-i-am-willing-to-take-on-either-m-p-sean-fraser-or-m-p-bill-casey.539570/

Wow... I was trying to kill the link...... but it kind of comes back again and again and gain??????

We will deal with you the same as the poll results for @MormonGator