Original ‘Studio C’ Cast is Leaving the Show (And They’re Looking for Replacements)

Yeah, you read that correctly. All 10 original cast members from the hit BYUtv sketch comedy show Studio C are on their way out—together. The group is undertaking a new comedy project, which we know nothing about. Grrr. But don't freak out! Studio C isn't canceled. It's still going to be a thing. They're just looking for new cast members and writers. I'm just going to quit blabbering and let you watch the announcement for yourself. This is what we know: https://www.facebook.com/StudioCtv/videos/1872902369456829/?hc_ref=ARQ-exCs4WckiHnTa3frZicwDwP4pmkx1FxeSiqpQZJmJp1TZNOflDfa4xV5F69ZgPk The NYC event Via byutv.org In this announcement, Matt Meese (the guy on the right that I one time offered a ride to, which, if he'd have accepted, would have been embarrassing because I didn't have my car with me. I panicked.) talks about an event in New York City. Later this month (August 24th) Studio C is planning on doing two live tapings from NYC with guest host Kenan Thompson (from Saturday Night Live) Read more about the event here). What's their new project? We don't know. Apparently Meese told the Deseret News that "It’ll be family-friendly, comedic,...

View the full article

Both good and bad. The cast did a wonderful job producing some great sketches that helped bond our little Mormon family as well as give the rest of the world a taste of some clean fun and humor. We just did a Studio C marathon the other night in fact. We look forward to seeing original members in their new adventures and wish Studio C the best moving forward with their new crew.

This may sound like heresy, but . . . Studio C isn’t funny to me anymore.  Many of the sketches’ gags are briefly amusing for the first thirty seconds or so, but then they keep repeating the same gag for three or four more minutes and it just becomes tiresome.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:14 PM, NeedleinA said:

Seasons 1-7 great. 8 um... barely watchable. So perhaps a change is good for them all.

I would argue it was great till Season 4. After that I started watching just out of habit... bailed once season 8 hit

On 8/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

This may sound like heresy, but . . . Studio C isn’t funny to me anymore.  Many of the sketches’ gags are briefly amusing for the first thirty seconds or so, but then they keep repeating the same gag for three or four more minutes and it just becomes tiresome.

I guess I'm sort of the opposite. It took a couple of seasons for the show to hit its stride. After that, I thought it was pretty consistent. Except for this last season, which appears to have been shot entirely NOT in Studio C.

• 4 weeks later...

My family are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but I "discovered" Studio C a few years ago, and started showing some videos to my children last year. Now the whole family regularly watches Studio C sketches on YouTube. We weren't crazy about Season 8, but the first 7 seasons have so many hilarious sketches. Hoping for good things from Season 9, as they seem to have realized that they didn't do enough live comedy in Season 8. I will certainly be following what the original cast ends up doing!