Who is more like the historical Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus?

DennisTate

Is Rabbi Alon Anava more like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus than virtually any Christian?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rabbi Alon Anava more like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus than virtually any Christian?

• Yes
    • No
    • I know several Christian leaders h

Over these past couple of months I have been listening to an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi

who had a near death experience on Passover of 2001.

I have been wondering if it could be possible that this man.... .. might in many, many ways 

be teaching his disciples...... ideas more so like the teachings of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus than

perhaps anybody else on earth........... myself included??????

My theory is that Rabbi Alon Anava is very much like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus due to the fact that

perhaps Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus may have had at least some of the aspects of a near death experience........

or at least an out of the body experience..... in Matthew chapter 4.  

If.... you and I can see that this man is an astonishingly good teacher..... will some Jewish scholars be more willing to

see that the Era of Messiah must be in its birth pangs?

That salvation is beginning to go to Gentiles at a whole new level?

Edited by DennisTate
grammar

OOps.... I hit the wrong button and submitted this discussion before completing the poll question......  I had meant to type:
 "I know several Christian leaders who I believe are more like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus than Rabbi Alon."

... and yes... I had expected that choice to win here in this forum..... but I do believe that you will be reminded of many, many verses in scriptures if you do decide to listen to Rabbi Alon Anava's NDE account.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/4?lang=eng

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, hewas afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

The verses that I bolded remind me of what people report when they have an out of the body experience..... or near death experience.  If so..... then perhaps Rabbi Alon Anava may have an advantage over Christians who have not yet had either an out of body experience or near death experience in how he approaches life and reaching out to those he considers to be lost?????

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

So......  why didn't G-d show Rabbi Alon Anava about Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus being Messiah the Passover Lamb for him?

One possibility could perhaps be so that Rabbi Alon could be given a massive Cyrus type of calling on his life........

and in order to have that type of calling...... you cannot know for certain about Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?!

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/isa/45?lang=eng

1 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

4 For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

5  I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Here is his life story in written form:

https://www.alonanava.com/about/

About Rabbi Anava

Alon AnavaRabbi Alon Anava was born and raised in Israel.  He grew up in Ra’anana in a very secular family without any Torah education or knowledge. He grew up hating religion and anything that had to do with it. He did not believe in G-od and the Torah and lived  life as a secular Jew. In 1998, he moved to New York and soon after, on a very special day, the morning of Passover 2001 he had a Near Death Experience due to a sudden cardiac arrest. This event has changed his life for the GOOD!!!

Before his life-altering experience, Alon would describe himself as simply put, ‘not a nice guy..’ but after facing death, and realizing the purpose of life, Alon transformed his very being and since then dedicates his life to serving G-od and Torah observance. Soon After his Near Death Experience he diligently attended Yeshiva studying every day, exploring the depths of Torah, refining and elevating himself on a daily basis for over a decade. Rabbi Alon Anava attended his Rabbinical studies at Yeshivah Kol Ya’akov – Hadar Hatorah in Brooklyn, New York.

After seven years of Yeshivah studies, Rabbi Anava started sharing his Near Death Experience with the public lecturing all around the world at Schools, Synagogues, Yeshivahs, outreach programs and organizations, private sessions and much more, reaching tens of thousands of people at over 1,000 lectures in the past ten years. In the past 5 years Rabbi Anava has expanded his out reach efforts through the internet reaching tens of thousands of people resulting with over 150,000 followers worldwide on the internet and social networks. With over 5,000,000 views to his videos, over 1,000,000 DVDs and CDs distributed, his followers enjoy daily Torah studying on his websites, social networks, videos, podcasts, live streaming and live Torah classes and lectures. Rabbi Anava’s followers enjoy his undivided attention through daily phone calls, skype meetings, personal and group meetings along with coaching and assistance. Rabbi Anava and his wife opens their home for hundreds of guests that enjoy their warm and loving hospitality and uplifting Shabbat and holiday meals......

I visited his website and left a comment that I felt would be useful to him as he reaches out to his fellow Jews.

https://www.alonanava.com/

Since I began to listen to Rabbi Alon Anava's near death experience account........ and some of what he teaches on other subjects...... I feel that my general level of fear of G-d has increased by somewhere between two hundred to six hundred percent! Wow!

His openess and honesty combined with the sheer power of what he went through has the power to bring even Gentiles like myself to real teshuvah!

Edited by DennisTate
add quotation.....

Interesting poll. Why no option for a non-Christian leader to be most like Yeshua? Say, like the Dalai Lama? It shows that your default belief is Christianity, that's why. Non-Christian isn't even an option in your subconscious.

And WHY are you posting this obviously Christian poll in the Jewish section? Why would any genuinely Jewish person care who is more like Yeshua? Yeshua, if he actually existed, was an observant Jew, an itinerant preacher like many others of his time, and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, cathyyg said:

Interesting poll. Why no option for a non-Christian leader to be most like Yeshua? Say, like the Dalai Lama? It shows that your default belief is Christianity, that's why. Non-Christian isn't even an option in your subconscious.

And WHY are you posting this obviously Christian poll in the Jewish section? Why would any genuinely Jewish person care who is more like Yeshua? Yeshua, if he actually existed, was an observant Jew, an itinerant preacher like many others of his time, and nothing more. 

Good questions....... for the record I am extremely impressed by the Dali Lama and I

consider that he is probably more knowledgable on many aspects of the state of the dead than

eighty percent or more of Christians.

Although I am a Gentile I find Rabbi Alon Anava's particular case fascinating and I have listened to his NDE account four or more times already.......

His lecture on how he knows Messiah is coming........... could actually prepare a person who looks on the surface to be a Gentile......

but they actually could be an Ephrayimite with a Danite mother .... and Zeraite Jewish grandmothers........ and he could get hit with the Ruach ha Kodesh in the form of a bird of prey....... as opposed to the Holy Spirit coming down on them like a dove.......

which is part of our dogma.  

"How Do I Know the Messiah is Coming? - Rabbi Alon Anava"

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

Rabbi Pinchas Winston.... in one of his articles on Moshiach ben Yosef stated that 

Messiah son of Joseph could well appear to be a Gentile for halachic purposes.... (pardon my spelling)......

due to the Tribes of Joseph being largely lost to history.  

Could his ancestors have migrated to North America and could he be significantly descended from the forty eight First Nations Tribes of North America.......

some of whose ancestors may have migrated to South America nearly 3000 years ago?

http://beta.moshiach.com/index.php/item/ecuador

Manasseh heard a very remarkable thing from Montezinus that in 1642 when Montezinus was deep into the mountainous wilderness of Ecuador, he met with four Indians who greeted him with "Shema Israel" which is the traditional creed of Israelites beginning with "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!" (Deuteronomy 6:4). He claimed that he spoke with them in Hebrew and claimed they were from the Lost Tribe of Reuben and Levi. 

Through the conversation with Montezinus, Rabbi Manase Ben Israel was convinced that the American Indians were from several tribes of the Lost Tribes of Israel. He wrote on Dec. 23, 1649, in a letter to John Drury, the Puritan divine, "I think the Ten Tribes lived not only there in America, but also in other lands scattered everywhere, these never did come back to the second temple, and they keep to this day still the Jewish religion seeing that all the prophecies which speak of the bringing back into their native soil must be fulfilled."

Menorah Was Found in South America

As for the Indians in South America and the Lost Tribes of Israel, there was an interesting article in a newspaper published in Israel (Maariv, Dec 31, 1974) as follows:

Your prayers appreciated..... I got a version of this going that could actually get quite a few people thinking over the next year or so.  

This is on the Religion and Philosophy sub-section of politicalforum  .com.

Is Rabbi Alon Anava more like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus than any Christian on earth?

Edit

No.... His Holiness Pope Francis is far more like Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

No... Dr. Billy Graham..... was far more like Jesus.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

No.... Todd White is more like Jesus / Yeshua the Messiah.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

No..... I know ordinary Christians who are more like Jesus / Yeshua than any Rabbi.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. *

Yes...... like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus Rabbi Alon Anava's NDE drives him to reach the lost.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%

Somewhat... he is impressive....... I can see why you think he is like Jesus / Yeshua.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

There are non Christians like the Dali Lama far more like Jesus - Yeshua than Rabbi Alon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

I think that President Trump is the Cyrus for our time.... and is like Jesus - Yeshua.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Mark Taylor has a prophetic gift that reminds me of Jesus - Yeshua.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Pastor Rick Joyner is so gifted.. .he reminds me of Yeshua - Jesus.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Mother Theresa was more like Messiah Yeshua - Jesus than Rabbi Alon Anava.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

I think that John Ramirez is now more like Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus ... he is fearless.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Other... please be specific in a reply.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, cathyyg said:

Shabbat Shalom cathyyg.......  if you have the time to hear this amazing lecture you will know why I am so impressed with Rabbi Alon Anava.  

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, cathyyg said:

I admit it... I am biased.......

and I really like this other version of Rabbi Alon Anava's near death experience.  I find this to be truly inspirational.