How to Please the Good Shepherd

When I was in college I was one of very few Mormons on campus. Students who learned that I was LDS were mostly unimpressed, and one comment I got a lot was "You're just a bunch of mindless sheep." I was without a comeback for quite a while (probably because I'm mindless...) but then started responding, "It's hard to be a sheep. It takes a lot of focus. It's more natural to be a goat." Matthew 25 talks about sheep and goats: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...(Matt 25:32 - 34). So sheep must have something going for them... Other than being so cute that someone I know slept with a lamb stuffed animal well into her teens. (Okay, fine! It was me!...

View the full article