what authority does the church have to disipline a member?

6 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

There’s no joke at your expense.  It became suspect when you took a picture of Blossom as an INSULT.  How does a picture of Blossom as a reply to some dude saying the phrase “blossom in the gospel” become an insult???  Especially after I spent a lot of time replying to your concerns with all seriousness.  So that’s why I said... something is afoot.

All I saw was a few of you saying the same sort of thing and due to the photo of that actress from Big Bang that you posted it was made quite obvious to me that it was all some sort of joke at my expense, I didn't have a clue what any of you were on about until @Maureen spelled it out to me, I just knew it was unkind, mean and nasty.  You don't have to be a genius to work out when people are making fun of you, even if you don't understand the joke.

And just because you explain your view of something to me (which I really appreciate by the way) that does not mean I'm going to change my view and all of a sudden agree with you. 'something is not afoot' because I don't agree with your point of view, thats ridiculous. Let me know if you need a tin foil hat to go with your conspiracy theory

My name is Ann and I am looking at this faith because I feel God wants me to do so. Nice to meet you.  

12 minutes ago, VelvetShadow said:

All I saw was a few of you saying the same sort of thing and due to the photo of that actress from Big Bang that you posted it was made quite obvious to me that it was all some sort of joke at my expense

Somebody says "...blossom in the gospel", I replied with a picture of Blossom, and you say it is OBVIOUS that was some sort of joke at your expense (you first said it was an insult)... that doesn't logically follow.  That's what clue'd me in that there's something afoot.  And that something was not about the picture.  It was the word Blossom getting you triggered.  

12 minutes ago, VelvetShadow said:

And just because you explain your view of something to me (which I really appreciate by the way) that does not mean I'm going to change my view and all of a sudden agree with you. 'something is not afoot' because I don't agree with your point of view, thats ridiculous. Let me know if you need a tin foil hat to go with your conspiracy theory

My name is Ann and I am looking at this faith because I feel God wants me to do so. Nice to meet you.  

And this response...

Yep, your name is Ann.  We take you for your word.   You respond in the same manner as Blossom.  Nice to meet you too.

22 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Somebody says "...blossom in the gospel", I replied with a picture of Blossom, and you say it is OBVIOUS that was some sort of joke at your expense (you first said it was an insult)... that doesn't logically follow.  That's what clue'd me in that there's something afoot.  And that something was not about the picture.  It was the word Blossom getting you triggered.  

And this response...

Yep, your name is Ann.  We take you for your word.   You respond in the same manner as Blossom.  Nice to meet you too.

I don't understand what the picture of an actress looking quite silly has to do with 'blossom in the gospel'?  what got me triggered was the fact that a few of you were OBVIOUSLY making a joke at my expense, which @Maureen confirmed for me.  

I am not an identity thief and I really take offence at the insinuation that I am, very christian of you, thanks.

Edited by VelvetShadow