Near death experiences and Judaism.

DennisTate

I am pretty sure that I read all of the following articles.......

and I believe that they have truly helped to understand the Jewish view of life and the afterlife significantly better.

Kevin R. Williams B.Sc. is one of the best writers on this topic that I have found so far.  

https://www.near-death.com/religion/judaism.html

Near-Death Experiences and Judaism
By Kevin R. Williams, B.Sc.

kabbalah_ocean_rocks.gif

The ancient Hebrews imagined the universe as a three-tiered cosmos of heaven, Earth, and underworld. Heaven was reserved for God and the angels; living human beings occupied the middle world; and the spirits of the dead resided beneath the Earth in "She'ol." The only stories in Hebrew scriptures, besides Daniel, that refer to afterlife notions are the story of Elijah's bodily ascent to heaven. Malachi describes the reincarnation of Elijah as one of the signs of the Messiah's arrival. Indeed, it is reasonably certain that reincarnation was not an alien concept to the Hebrews. An orthodox sect of Judaism, called Hasidic Judaism, professes a belief in reincarnation. Also, ancient Jewish mysticism taught the reality of reincarnation in the Kabbalah. In contemporary Judaism, the orthodox embraced the doctrine of resurrection, while the non-orthodox often accepted the notion of an immortal soul. Many secular and Reform Jews view themselves as part of the tradition of Judaism, without adhering to any sort of afterlife belief.

NDEs and Judaism Index

The NDE of Ms. Beverly Brodsky is my favourite........

because she reminds me of Moses who spoke with G-d fearlessly and the answers that she got to her tough questions.....

can inspire all of us.  

https://www.near-death.com/religion/judaism/beverly-brodsky.html

I then remember traveling a long distance upward toward the light. I believe that I was moving very fast, but this entire realm seemed to be outside of time. Finally, I reached my destination. It was only when I emerged from the other end that I realized that I was no longer accompanied by the being who had brought me there. But I wasn't alone. There, before me, was the living presence of the light. Within it I sensed an all-pervading intelligence, wisdom, compassion, love, and truth. There was neither form nor sex to this perfect being. It, which I shall in the future call he, in keeping without our commonly accepted syntax, contained everything, as white light contains all the colors of a rainbow when penetrating a prism. And deep within me came an instant and wondrous recognition: I, even I, was facing God.

I immediately lashed out at him with all the questions I had ever wondered about; all the injustices I had seen in the physical world. I don't know if I did this deliberately, but I discovered that God knows all your thoughts immediately and responds telepathically. My mind was naked; in fact, I became pure mind. The ethereal body which I had traveled in through the tunnel seemed to be no more; it was just my personal intelligence confronting that Universal Mind, which clothed itself in a glorious, living light that was more felt that seen, since no eye could absorb its splendor.

I don't recall the exact content of our discussion; in the process of return, the insights that came so clearly and fully in Heaven were not brought back with me to Earth. I'm sure that I asked the question that had been plaguing me since childhood about the sufferings of my people. I do remember this: There was a reason for everything that happened, no matter how awful it appeared in the physical realm. And within myself, as I was given the answer, my own awakening mind now responded in the same manner:

"Of course," I would think, "I already know that. How could I ever have forgotten!"

Indeed, it appears that all that happens is for a purpose, and that purpose is already known to our eternal self.

In time the questions ceased, because I suddenly was filled with all the Being's wisdom. I was given more than just the answers to my questions; all knowledge unfolded to me, like the instant blossoming of an infinite number of flowers all at once. I was filled with God's knowledge, and in that precious aspect of his Beingness, I was one with him. But my journey of discovery was just beginning.