Making A Correct Left Turn

mirkwood

People don't even turn into the correct lane, good luck getting them to stop clipping the on-coming lane (and thereby changing the lights for no good reason).  Left turners who turn into the far right lane.  Right turners who turn into the far left lane.  People who won't turn right on red until all three lanes of traffic are clear (i.e. they can't figure out they only need the right lane clear).  People driving regular pickups who think they need to swing left before turning right - yer not a semi, dude! :rolleyes::rolleyes:  Right turners with right of way who freak out and stop when a left turner turns into the left lane while the right-turner is starting to turn into the right lane, as if both of these shouldn't happen at the same time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  People who don't know that the center turn lane is for turning into as well as turning out of.  The list is never-ending.

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Lane?  What lane?

Patience, find the gap.  You hesitate, you're late!

That's not unlike Russia - which was why I liked driving the school bus - the bigger you are, the more right of way you have. :D(Plus the license plate number was 666 (D 004 666).)

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

Before clicking on this thread, I knew that it was posted by someone from Utah.  ☺️

Also:

Image result for utah we don't need turn signals

It happens in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada and California too.   I won't comment on any other states as it has been quite a few years since I drove in any of the others.

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, mirkwood said:

I have 21 years experience with traffic infractions I could complain about...

Dude, you are so old that when you were a rookie cop you were directing horse and buggies. 

de2d2ebbab73f5674a3c3aa284879cd5.jpg
@mirkwood is the guy driving. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
31 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

You know there were no horses in pre-Colombian America, right? ;) 

I believe you-you were around then, right? 

(playing!) 

5 hours ago, mirkwood said:

It happens in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada and California too.   I won't comment on any other states as it has been quite a few years since I drove in any of the others.

Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, New York, etc., etc.

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, New York, etc., etc.

I've noticed that everyone thinks their city/state has the worst drivers. 

8 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Seriously people, turn into YOUR lane, not the turn lane for the traffic going straight or turning across your path.  

combo.jpg

left_turn_1.jpgscreencapture

left_turn_2.jpgwindows screenshots tool

Assuming those are double lane roads, I would argue neither of those left turns are correct!

20 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I am one if he view that believes my city has the best drivers. The people in Vegas know how to drive!

40 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

And everyone thinks it's everyone else who's the bad driver.  Personally, I think everyone should be sent to somewhere that they don't obey any laws so that they learn where their car begins and ends, how to communicate with other drivers, and how to actually pay attention to driving (instead of their phone, food, makeup, computer, etc.).

Meanwhile, someone did a study a few years back and apparently Utah drivers really are among the worst (or rudest, I forget which, maybe both).  I've driven in a few foreign countries (including 3 years as a professional driver in Moscow, Russia) and in multiple states - the folk in Colorado are very polite on the freeway, the people in Utah think the 11th commandment is "Thou shalt be rude to other drivers."

13 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You guys have never experienced Montreal! Unbelievable! I used to visit a restaurant on the 2nd floor overlooking the street. The entertainment was watching the traffic on the street below. 

I have been to Montreal - no driving, just a couple of cab rides.  Trust me, Russia's worse.  Of course, both of those experiences were quite a long time ago, so things may have changed (I doubt Russian driving is any better - they're the ones who have all the "entertaining" dashcam videos on YouTube).

Guest MormonGator
50 minutes ago, zil said:

And everyone thinks it's everyone else who's the bad driver.

Yup. 

18 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

You guys have never experienced Montreal! 

@Sunday21, one day I'll tell you about some experiences I had on St. Catherines street. It's not appropriate for an LDS forum. 😉

1 hour ago, Fether said:

I am one if he view that believes my city has the best drivers. The people in Vegas know how to drive!

I've heard that before, actually. My mom and dad visit Vegas all the time and say the same thing. 

31 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

New Jersey 

It's only because of the amount of people in that area. Basically from New Haven CT-DC is a parking lot.