Trump's group of friends

Chilean

17 minutes ago, Godless said:

So Mueller is supposed to ignore all the other crimes because he didn't find the specific crime he was looking for? 

I can’t speak to Manafort; but Cohen’s plea seems like a stretch.  Trump could have legally (if slimily) paid off McDougal and Daniels whenever he wanted to—but because he let Cohen do the payoff and then reimbursed him, suddenly it’s an “illicit campaign contribution” punishable by prison?

I like the idea of Cohen being perp-walked; but this stinks to high heaven.  These convictions both suggest that the *real* crime here is “campaigning while Republican”.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Maybe I am naïve, but politics aside, the way that Cohen turned on his client is so incredibly low and unethical. So, I am wondering if part or all of what he is saying about POTUS is true. Most of us shrug and think it could be, but we got no proof, and Cohen is unreliable.

BTW, I do think the latest Trump tweet is clever: Democrats want to abolish ICE. I will abolish ISIS.

56 minutes ago, Godless said:

But the fact that FIVE people with ties to the Trump campaign have either been convicted of or plead guilty to FELONIES (and multiple ones in a few cases) should be enough to raise some eyebrows at the very least.

Meh.  It's just this wave's turn.  Here's what the last wave looked like

But hey, at least corporate America got some tax breaks. That's pretty cool I guess. 🙄

Corporate America getting tax breaks has been a widely admitted good thing, because of stuff like this:

image.png.fa0383228570a3daf89962db4cb60ce3.png

image.png.f7733105d9d731a6468e9a17bfb705b6.png

My family is gratefully enjoying the increase in our takehome pay, which is cool.  Roll-my-eyes-icon indeed.

Edited by NeuroTypical

6 minutes ago, Godless said:

So Mueller is supposed to ignore all the other crimes because he didn't find the specific crime he was looking for? 

You think Mueller is prosecuting Manafort's crimes because they are crimes?   If so, then where's the prosecution for Podesta?

32 minutes ago, carlimac said:

NOt me. I just want someone a little mellower. The country's figurative head is exploding over his style and I don't like everyone elses' innerds landing in my yard.

You got mellow before.  Innards still landed in yards.  The other guys are not doing mellow so you get stomped on.  Easily.  You don't take a shih tzu to a dog fight against pitbulls.  You just didn't know you were in a dog fight before because the other side played possum (or, in my opinion, were in cohorts with the pitbulls!).  Now that you got a non-possum, the dog fight is exposed for what it is.

Edited by anatess2

46 minutes ago, Grunt said:

When all candidates are moral cesspools I get more concerned with their policies.  Thus far, Trump's have been better than the alternative's.   I'll vote for him again.  

Me, I support moral people to shape morality.  I don't look to a country's President for moral guidance.  So, I'd rather have the immoral person who is effective in providing an environment where morality can thrive than the moral person who is ineffective at that endeavor and end up empowering the immoral ones.

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Me, I support moral people to shape morality.  I don't look to a country's President for moral guidance.  So, I'd rather have the immoral person who is effective in providing an environment where morality can thrive than the moral person who is ineffective at that endeavor and end up empowering the immoral ones.

Same.  I'd rather have both, but that's the white whale.  

6 hours ago, Chilean said:

Yeah, cause of course CNN is the only one reporting on this. Haven't you watch FOX lately?

I think you misunderstood my comment.  I'm saying CNN spews plenty of Trump hate already.  It isn't necessary to come here to talk about it further, if one were so inclined.

12 hours ago, Chilean said:

Yeah, sorry dude, but you don't get it. It's alright. :)

That's true!

Which means either:

1) There's nothing to get because this is just American politics being blown out of proportion, like when the BBC ran the 'Is Donald Trump afraid of stairs?' piece;

2) It hasn't been explained by anyone;

or

3) It is an ineffable fact. Ineffability can't really be argued, so bam! Ineffable is the get out of jail free card.

I choose 3.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, anatess2 said:

You got mellow before.  Innards still landed in yards.  The other guys are not doing mellow so you get stomped on.  Easily.  You don't take a shih tzu to a dog fight against pitbulls.  You just didn't know you were in a dog fight before because the other side played possum (or, in my opinion, were in cohorts with the pitbulls!).  Now that you got a non-possum, the dog fight is exposed for what it is.

NO really! I would like to see someone more mature and in control of his inner 6th grader.  I think it would be good for the country to have someone who respects the normal things people should respect, like their spouses and such.

12 hours ago, carlimac said:

NO really! I would like to see someone more mature and in control of his inner 6th grader.  I think it would be good for the country to have someone who respects the normal things people should respect, like their spouses and such.

The difference between Trump and all the other politicians is not their immorality - because most every President before Obama had their share of scandal.  It's why the press likes to promote Obama as a scandal-free President.  The difference is Trump's entire life is plastered on TV.  And, especially after 2015, most of the media digs up every single indiscretion and slaps you in the face with it but never talks about other stuff he did good on.  So, you get this caricature version of himself.  For example, the Bushes avoided the press as much as possible.  I remember when Cindy Sheehan camped by the Bush house in Texas and Bush stayed quiet.  Bush presidency and the Republican party was toast by his 2nd term.  Then there's the lawsuit against Bush for sexual misconduct and the girl mysteriously died.  It somehow flew under the radar never hitting mainstream news.  If that was Trump, not only would that lawsuit have 24/7 coverage for weeks, it would have a special prosecutor.  And Trump would be on a tweet storm fighting the press over it.  You got lawyers paying 75K to girls to claim they got sexually assaulted by Trump and when that didn't work out they just manufacture stories out of whole cloth like Trump asking prostitutes to pee on a bed!  Even Omarosa - somebody Trump has helped throughout her career - manufactures stories about Trump calling black people the N-word.  The corrupt mayor of Puerto Rico hides 40-foot containers of food and water sent for hurricane aide then goes on TV saying Trump is not helping them because they're brown.

Add to that Trump's refusal to be scripted who makes hours-long speeches and interviews by stream-of-thought instead of handled by poll-run handlers and you got somebody you've never heard before - well, actually, that's poppycock.  You hear that everyday of your life, just not from politicians.  And you got a rabid press that takes every one of his words and twists it to fit their narrative which is super easy to do on stream-of-thought speeches and comments.  Do you know that the start of the switch from "Russian collusion with the DNC" to "Russian collusion with Trump" is the media taking Trump's sarcastic remark that "if Putin has Hillary emails please give it to the press, they want to have it" as a "signal to Putin"?

The establishment is scared of what Trump is going to do.  The press is scared of it.  If you believe that the American Federal establishment is a great institution, then Trump is the enemy.  If you believed before the 2016 election that the establishment is corrupt, then the constant attacks on Trump is that corrupt institution waging a war for survival.  I still believe nobody else could fight this war.  It's a mud fight.  You need somebody whose life has been dragged into the mud all his life and still come out of it alive to survive that fight.

So, if all you see of Trump is someone who can't control his inner 6th grader, then you are completely bought by the mainstream press as they wage a war to stay in power.

Edited by anatess2

11 hours ago, anatess2 said:

The difference between Trump and all the other politicians is not their immorality - because most every President before Obama had their share of scandal.  It's why the press likes to promote Obama as a scandal-free President.  The difference is Trump's entire life is plastered on TV.  And, especially after 2015, most of the media digs up every single indiscretion and slaps you in the face with it but never talks about other stuff he did good on.  So, you get this caricature version of himself.  For example, the Bushes avoided the press as much as possible.  I remember when Cindy Sheehan camped by the Bush house in Texas and Bush stayed quiet.  Bush presidency and the Republican party was toast by his 2nd term.  Then there's the lawsuit against Bush for sexual misconduct and the girl mysteriously died.  It somehow flew under the radar never hitting mainstream news.  If that was Trump, not only would that lawsuit have 24/7 coverage for weeks, it would have a special prosecutor.  And Trump would be on a tweet storm fighting the press over it.  You got lawyers paying 75K to girls to claim they got sexually assaulted by Trump and when that didn't work out they just manufacture stories out of whole cloth like Trump asking prostitutes to pee on a bed!  Even Omarosa - somebody Trump has helped throughout her career - manufactures stories about Trump calling black people the N-word.  The corrupt mayor of Puerto Rico hides 40-foot containers of food and water sent for hurricane aide then goes on TV saying Trump is not helping them because they're brown.

Add to that Trump's refusal to be scripted who makes hours-long speeches and interviews by stream-of-thought instead of handled by poll-run handlers and you got somebody you've never heard before - well, actually, that's poppycock.  You hear that everyday of your life, just not from politicians.  And you got a rabid press that takes every one of his words and twists it to fit their narrative which is super easy to do on stream-of-thought speeches and comments.  Do you know that the start of the switch from "Russian collusion with the DNC" to "Russian collusion with Trump" is the media taking Trump's sarcastic remark that "if Putin has Hillary emails please give it to the press, they want to have it" as a "signal to Putin"?

The establishment is scared of what Trump is going to do.  The press is scared of it.  If you believe that the American Federal establishment is a great institution, then Trump is the enemy.  If you believed before the 2016 election that the establishment is corrupt, then the constant attacks on Trump is that corrupt institution waging a war for survival.  I still believe nobody else could fight this war.  It's a mud fight.  You need somebody whose life has been dragged into the mud all his life and still come out of it alive to survive that fight.

So, if all you see of Trump is someone who can't control his inner 6th grader, then you are completely bought by the mainstream press as they wage a war to stay in power.

I agree he is a very assertive business-like personality. And he's don'e some really great things for the country so far. I just wish he weren't such a ninny on Twitter and calling some of his playmates bad names.  Optics really do matter when trying to instill confidence and calm in a country that is so incredibly restless.

YOu don't need to swamp me with details like this. All I know is what I see and hear from all sides.  I can't stand to watch him speak in public. He reminds me so much of all the narcissistic people I've ever known who's mannerisms turn my stomach.  

But I know he's a son of God who loves him as much as the next guy. 

On 8/22/2018 at 12:39 PM, Chilean said:

I cant believe no one has created a topic on what's going!

I'm like Michael Jackson at the movies watching thriller, eating popcorn waiting to see what else is gonna happen.

I just read about this girl murdered in Iowa by an Illegal Immigrant... who happened to be employed by a farm owned by a GOP member... and Trump at last night rally was trying to focus the attention on immigration, instead of his dirty lies and Cohen, not knowing the illegal alien worked for a guy in his team. hahaha

Keep the popcorn coming!

Edit: I apologize, I figured you guys would know what's going on.

Michael Cohen, Trumps ex-attorney, pleaded guilty to paying hush money from campaign money, lying on his tax returns and lying to financial institution to get loans he couldn't afford. He testified under oath yesterday that Trump told him to pay the hush money.  

Also yesterday Trump campaign manager, Manafort was convicted for tax and bank fraud.

The fact that I brought up the issue with immigration was that of course republicans want to focus the attention on immigration, and not what's going on around Trump.

Disclaimer, I'm not democrat nor republican. This last presidential election I voted for McMullen.

well considering he was fired by trump for whatever reason prior to that it's not a huge stretch of imagination to to say that there's bad blood between them.. and if so it wouldn't take much for him to attempt to smear trump.

words are cheap. i'd like to see some good evidence.