New Google Maps List Lets You Check Out Any Temple in the World

We're not really sure where this list came from, but it's pretty cool. It probably didn't just magically appear, so hopefully this big "THANK YOU" can reach whoever constructed this handy tool. It's an alphabetical list available through Google Maps of every temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You just scroll to the temple you want to check out, click it, and satellite imagery of the temple pops up lickety-split (if it's not in satellite mode, click on the green square in the bottom left-hand corner of your window to switch). Worldwide LDS Temples image via ldschurchtemples.com The list is called "Worldwide LDS Temples," and you can check it out right now by following this link. When you click on a temple, you'll notice that contact information pops up in a description box to the left of the map. If available, a link for further information from ldschurchtemples.com should also show up (though the site is currently under renovation right now). If you want more than a bird's eye view...

View the full article

7 hours ago, Grunt said:

That's going to make it easier for me.  Washington DC and Kansas City Temples next month!

Ah, both good ones, and two I've actually been two several times-- I even toured KC's open house :).

Note: the temple proper for DC is closed right now for renovations until 2020 when they'll have a big open house type and dedication.  I do think that it's visitor center (which is quite large) is still open though.